I stayed at Stratton House for 2 days for a wedding being held there at the weekend. This hotel used to be the place to go in its heyday, but is now in need of some TLC. The service and staff are helpful and friendly so no complainst there. The room was big enough and the bed was ok, but I would say the matressses need a bit of an update as I believe they are spring mattresses and you do hear them ping and creak. The decor of the room was a bit dated but clean. However the wardrobe smelt musty. I was shocked that 1 both towel was ripped and shredded at the ends, which for the price you pay is unacceptable. Now for the price, as a guest of the wedding we were told we would get 20% discount off the room rate. I looked on the internet and the price for a premior room on the day when booking 5 days in advance was £98.20 per day (I booked directly with the hotel on the same day). So with 20% discount that should have been £78.56. So to discover that the discounted rate was then £99 was a surprise. That means that full price would have been £118.80 per day. When I asked if that was correct, and what the tariff is, I was told the hotel has no tariff, and is whatever the price is on the day. I stay in many hotels all over Europe and would have to say that this hotel falls short in terms of what you get for the same or less money in hotels in Europe and London. I know the hotel is now under new ownership, so I do hope for the future that some much needed investment is made, as the location is perfect for exploring the Cotswolds. I also hope that they also introduce a published tariff. If I was to give any suggestions to the new owners then it would be when people are paying quite a high rate per day for a premier room then they should recieve a few little extras like a bottle of water, shampoo, flannels for washing, maybe a chocalate on the pillowcase, etc etc. Little things like that make a lot of difference if you want people to go away with the feeling that they would happily come back and recommend the hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stratton House Hotel is located on the outskirts of the Cotswold market town of Cirencester. The hotel is privately owned and seeks to offer you the best of both town and country house charm. We are in a great location for the town centre and the local motorway network, yet our elegant building and tranquil gardens make you feel you are 'away from it all'. We offer a superb restaurant and bar, 39 en-suite bedrooms, and excellent facilities for business meetings. We are also the perfect setting for your wedding or special celebration with a choice of function rooms, civil wedding licence and our specialist events co-ordinator. Our focus is on friendly service with that personal touch. Whether you are here for business or pleasure we want you to feel at home.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stratton House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cirencester
- Cirencester Best Western
- Best Western Stratton Hotel
- Stratton House Hotel Cirencester, Cotswolds