“Saturday Lunch”

Ranked #68 of 126 Restaurants in Cirencester
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wine and Beer
Description: 17Th CENTURY INN nestled in a pretty part of Cirencester just 10 min walk from the town centre (straight up the street directly behind The Parisn Church).We offer a good variety of locally sourced food at very affordable prices.We have a sunny walled in garden with a patio area at the rear of the pub (dogs are welcome on leads).There is a Function room/Skittle alley available for private hire.There are two separate bars;the lounge bar with an open fire and seating for dining or just relaxing.In the Public bar we have Juke box,Pool, Darts and a Quiz machine.
Stroud, Glos
“Saturday Lunch”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

2 4 £10 doesn't stretch to Saturdays or Sundays so full priced menu applies. Limited to a shared meal as we don't want a full sized meal at lunch time!

Visited October 2013

Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“A Pleasant Lunchtime Visit.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Four of us met at the Nelson Inn and were immediately made to feel very welcome.
The pub was clean and furnished/decorated in a manner that was appropriate for the age of the building.
We all had lunch... fairly basic pub grub at a reasonable price... not great on quantity but the quality was pretty good. Desserts were fine and coffee/tea was nicely presented.

Has the feel of a country pub although it is situated only a few minutes walk from Cirencester town centre.

Summary... Pub grub served at a reasonable price in a clean and friendly environment.

• Visited November 2013
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Weekend in Cotswolds”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

we found the Nelson while walking into town. It was early evening and the Christmas festivities had commenced in the town so the pub was very quiet. First impression was that the pub was a little dingy - I get it is an old pub with many period features but despite this I did not get the impression that is was the friendly bar that many have described it as. I can only assume that the clientele make the place the success it undoubtedly is.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Geoff M
London, United Kingdom
“Great staff! Great place!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I visited the Nelson back in the summer and cannot wait to return. I spoke to a young girl who's parent's owned the bar and she was full of life as well as the experience and atmosphere of the bar. The place itself is welcoming and traditional which for me is my type of environment. I did not have any food myself but a few other people were eating and the food smelt lovely, we just had drinks and even that was great value for money. I will definitely be returning when I'm next in Cirencester.

• Visited August 2013
Derbyshire
“Great food, great value”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This used to be a local haunt of mine many years ago as a student nurse.
I visited recently with my daughter and have to say that the food bar food was delicious. The menu selection was really good and not too pricey for a lunch time visit.
The pub is set in a lovely part of Burntwood and for those who enjoy walking would be a great place to stop off for a well earned pint and lunch.
Staff are very welcoming and polite and it is evident that they enjoy working with visitors.

• Visited November 2013