“Geoff is Outstanding!”

Travelodge Cirencester
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cirencester
Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a fantastic budget find! Stayed here while attending a wedding at cripps barn - greeted by a very pleasant fellow named Geoff who couldn't have been more helpful. Great Location, easy to find, clean hotel no frills bed for a the night and a decent shower. Honestly didn't need and couldn't have asked for anything more.
ALL travelodges should be like this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Cirencester

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The past week I have stayed at the Travelodge with business and if im honest, I was slightly disappointed. Check in was delayed due to a mix up with Amex payments, but I understand that was no one at the Travelodges fault, and the manager Matt was very lovely and helpful about it. I just had to check in later once my company confirmed payment details. When I arrived on the night I was greeted by a lovely man who was on night service. Very friendly and very helpful. When I got to my room, I was slightly disappointed however. I usually expect some sort of literature on the hotel when I enter my room such as nearest fire exits ect but there was none. Being a young female I appreciate the luxury of having a hair dryer in the room, and after a good few hotel stays with work it is something I expect and so didnt pack mine and was disappointed when there was not one available.

This brings me to the shower. It took me a good while to get the temperature right. There was no shower mat or towel and so the floor was soaking for a couple of days and had to resort using a normal towel to dry it up (not having a hair dryer, just two towels in my 4 night stay and them not being changed once, using half of my towels on the floor was a slight inconvenience). Topped off with a huge spider upon my arrival (which had then disappeared which im slightly concerned about..) I know that the spider is not the hotels fault but I still dont like them. Id just have appreciated either a better shower curtain or a bath mat. My only other issue was the Internet having just half an hour every 24 hours. Being at work such unsociable hours meant the half an hour free wifi got used at random times and so I only ever used 10 minutes here or there before it ran out, and due to the silly hours I worked there was no point in getting the unlimited. But due to phone signal being so awful, I think unlimited wifi should be offered to all.

Overall I think my stay could have been better with the quality of rooms (just normal luxuries such as a hair dryer and bath mats), however the service wae faultless.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Welcoming staff (even at 2.30am, when I arrived), and the same staff member was just as bright before I left in the morning. Clean and comfortable room. Quiet. Perfect for a short rest before hitting the road again. I was also pleastantly surprised to see on their website that you can take pets. I'd left my dog at home on this occasion, but will certainly consider staying at Travelodge in the future, if I'm taking her with me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent service,great room.Best thing about Cirencester travelodge was the staff.Have not got a bad word to say about this travelodge and i stay here five or six times a year so i can visit my family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This recently refurbished Travelodge has been used by us previously and is very convenient for our purpose. Prices have however increased since the refurb. There aren't the good offers anymore. As the prices are equivalent to a B & B I would have expected free wi fi?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were attending a wedding in Cirencester and this was very convenient, reasonably priced, clean and had very good receptionists.I would have liked hand towels and as a vegan that doesn't eat gluten, I had to take my own breakfast but otherwise a great experience

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Arrived late one night and after a booking mix-up was treated pretty badly. However, I must give the management the praise they deserve because the next day I got an apology and a refund (although not seen it in my bank yet). So, rather than me forever avoiding Travelodge like the plague - I will now give them another try.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cirencester
Stratton House Hotel
#1 of 1 in South Cerney
Corinium Hotel & Restaurant
Corinium Hotel & Restaurant
#4 of 8 in Cirencester

Been to Travelodge Cirencester? Share your experiences!