“Clean but no AC”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Cirencester
London
“Clean but no AC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very clean, modern environment. Quiet and located not far from motorway.Not a true value for money, a little expensive. Food is thru 3rd party.No air conditioning, in summer can be impossible to bear.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manly, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

For a one night stop over, our Travelodge Cirencester room was a pleasant surprise. Quiet, comfortable enough though small, clean and a good bed and hot shower. Breakfast is in a box, which didn't appeal to us but keeps prices down. Overall, really good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank kolah2095
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Location, Price, Parking, Staff all great. Inside of hotel needs refreshing - carpet & fabrics in room smell & room needed ventilating. Wifi doesn't work with Apple devices according to hotel staff. Poor 3G connection from 3 at back of hotel so need to stand outside BurgerKing to get Wifi!

Travelodge doesn't want to get feedback - dont allow emails & "Survey" sent after stay takes 20 mins to fill in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Cirencester, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
We are sorry for your disappointment James2006UK. We can confirm that we are currently undergoing a full refurbishment programme where all of our rooms will receive a brand new look and layout so it is regrettable to learn of the issues you had in your room. Our Wi-Fi service is offered through one of our partners called Arqiva who do have a dedicated Customer care team who we will contact to advise of the problems you had with the connectivity. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a fantastic budget find! Stayed here while attending a wedding at cripps barn - greeted by a very pleasant fellow named Geoff who couldn't have been more helpful. Great Location, easy to find, clean hotel no frills bed for a the night and a decent shower. Honestly didn't need and couldn't have asked for anything more.
ALL travelodges should be like this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Solihull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The past week I have stayed at the Travelodge with business and if im honest, I was slightly disappointed. Check in was delayed due to a mix up with Amex payments, but I understand that was no one at the Travelodges fault, and the manager Matt was very lovely and helpful about it. I just had to check in later once my company confirmed payment details. When I arrived on the night I was greeted by a lovely man who was on night service. Very friendly and very helpful. When I got to my room, I was slightly disappointed however. I usually expect some sort of literature on the hotel when I enter my room such as nearest fire exits ect but there was none. Being a young female I appreciate the luxury of having a hair dryer in the room, and after a good few hotel stays with work it is something I expect and so didnt pack mine and was disappointed when there was not one available.

This brings me to the shower. It took me a good while to get the temperature right. There was no shower mat or towel and so the floor was soaking for a couple of days and had to resort using a normal towel to dry it up (not having a hair dryer, just two towels in my 4 night stay and them not being changed once, using half of my towels on the floor was a slight inconvenience). Topped off with a huge spider upon my arrival (which had then disappeared which im slightly concerned about..) I know that the spider is not the hotels fault but I still dont like them. Id just have appreciated either a better shower curtain or a bath mat. My only other issue was the Internet having just half an hour every 24 hours. Being at work such unsociable hours meant the half an hour free wifi got used at random times and so I only ever used 10 minutes here or there before it ran out, and due to the silly hours I worked there was no point in getting the unlimited. But due to phone signal being so awful, I think unlimited wifi should be offered to all.

Overall I think my stay could have been better with the quality of rooms (just normal luxuries such as a hair dryer and bath mats), however the service wae faultless.

• Stayed June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Welcoming staff (even at 2.30am, when I arrived), and the same staff member was just as bright before I left in the morning. Clean and comfortable room. Quiet. Perfect for a short rest before hitting the road again. I was also pleastantly surprised to see on their website that you can take pets. I'd left my dog at home on this occasion, but will certainly consider staying at Travelodge in the future, if I'm taking her with me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent service,great room.Best thing about Cirencester travelodge was the staff.Have not got a bad word to say about this travelodge and i stay here five or six times a year so i can visit my family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family