“Good location & value”

Travelodge Cirencester
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cirencester
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice clean room,. Hotel well-situated on edge of town. No restaurant but fast food and coop in same complex. Reasonable price. Polite staff. We liked it. If you need to be near the town for a day or two go for it. We rejected several trad B&Bs that seemed quirky or uncertain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Cirencester

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a good stay. Room very nice and comfy. The only thing I would say is that there was no air con control in the room and therefore we had to have the window open. Not normally a problem, but we could hear the noise from the main road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very clean, modern environment. Quiet and located not far from motorway.Not a true value for money, a little expensive. Food is thru 3rd party.No air conditioning, in summer can be impossible to bear.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

For a one night stop over, our Travelodge Cirencester room was a pleasant surprise. Quiet, comfortable enough though small, clean and a good bed and hot shower. Breakfast is in a box, which didn't appeal to us but keeps prices down. Overall, really good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kolah2095
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Location, Price, Parking, Staff all great. Inside of hotel needs refreshing - carpet & fabrics in room smell & room needed ventilating. Wifi doesn't work with Apple devices according to hotel staff. Poor 3G connection from 3 at back of hotel so need to stand outside BurgerKing to get Wifi!

Travelodge doesn't want to get feedback - dont allow emails & "Survey" sent after stay takes 20 mins to fill in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Cirencester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We are sorry for your disappointment James2006UK. We can confirm that we are currently undergoing a full refurbishment programme where all of our rooms will receive a brand new look and layout so it is regrettable to learn of the issues you had in your room. Our Wi-Fi service is offered through one of our partners called Arqiva who do have a dedicated Customer care team who we will contact to advise of the problems you had with the connectivity. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a fantastic budget find! Stayed here while attending a wedding at cripps barn - greeted by a very pleasant fellow named Geoff who couldn't have been more helpful. Great Location, easy to find, clean hotel no frills bed for a the night and a decent shower. Honestly didn't need and couldn't have asked for anything more.
ALL travelodges should be like this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The past week I have stayed at the Travelodge with business and if im honest, I was slightly disappointed. Check in was delayed due to a mix up with Amex payments, but I understand that was no one at the Travelodges fault, and the manager Matt was very lovely and helpful about it. I just had to check in later once my company confirmed payment details. When I arrived on the night I was greeted by a lovely man who was on night service. Very friendly and very helpful. When I got to my room, I was slightly disappointed however. I usually expect some sort of literature on the hotel when I enter my room such as nearest fire exits ect but there was none. Being a young female I appreciate the luxury of having a hair dryer in the room, and after a good few hotel stays with work it is something I expect and so didnt pack mine and was disappointed when there was not one available.

This brings me to the shower. It took me a good while to get the temperature right. There was no shower mat or towel and so the floor was soaking for a couple of days and had to resort using a normal towel to dry it up (not having a hair dryer, just two towels in my 4 night stay and them not being changed once, using half of my towels on the floor was a slight inconvenience). Topped off with a huge spider upon my arrival (which had then disappeared which im slightly concerned about..) I know that the spider is not the hotels fault but I still dont like them. Id just have appreciated either a better shower curtain or a bath mat. My only other issue was the Internet having just half an hour every 24 hours. Being at work such unsociable hours meant the half an hour free wifi got used at random times and so I only ever used 10 minutes here or there before it ran out, and due to the silly hours I worked there was no point in getting the unlimited. But due to phone signal being so awful, I think unlimited wifi should be offered to all.

Overall I think my stay could have been better with the quality of rooms (just normal luxuries such as a hair dryer and bath mats), however the service wae faultless.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cirencester
Stratton House Hotel
#1 of 1 in South Cerney
Corinium Hotel & Restaurant
Corinium Hotel & Restaurant
#3 of 8 in Cirencester

Been to Travelodge Cirencester? Share your experiences!