Apsley Villa Guest House
US$147
Barnsley House(Barnsley)
US$750
US$729
Stratton House Hotel(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$72
Travelodge Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
Premier Inn Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$90
PremierInn.com
US$139
US$124
US$104
Agoda.com
Riverside House(Cirencester)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstown centreexpensive areaenclosed car parkgenerous in sizelovely breakfasttea coffeelocal knowledgestayed longerpubs and restaurantsa lovely stayoff road parkingone nightfriendly hostswithin walking distancetop floorshort walknatalie
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Myself and my partner came to stay here all the way from Dawlish Devon as we were visiting family. From the moment we arrived the owners were so friendly and welcoming,they took us to our room which we think was lovely. It was clean and tidy, the beds were made up beautifully and there was free tea and coffee in the room. They took time out to show us around and showed us local places to dine in the evening. Every morning there was a variety of breakfasts to choose from and the cooked breakfast was lovely and very generous on size. Would defiently stay here again very good value for money overall a brilliant and friendly place to stay couldn't of asked for more, the owners went out their way to help us in anyway and make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank emilygwinn
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

In the room was very hot and it was not allowed to open the window a little bit more. and room were not so clean.. hair everywhere in the carpet..also in toilet...very dusty..and kettle inside full of little pieces of hard water..u cannot use microwave when u want cause it is in private room..they don't accept credit card....as it is written in the website page... at the same price other bed and breakfast are better.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bigi B
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the 2nd time I stayed here. I was surprised that the owner of 30 years, Bob, remembered me and some details of my last stay 4 years ago. The place is very clean. Th wifi is free and it works well. The room is comfortable though I wish the pillows are a bit more puffy. The new shower, installed since the last time I was here, is much nicer than the other B&Bs I have stayed in. The breakfast is a typical English breakfast and it is good. I feel the place is good value for money and will stay here if I visit Cirencester again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Efyshum
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Myself and my family took a trip to the Cotswold a few weeks ago and had a superb stay in a very cosy, very homely B & B. Our hosts Bob and Natalie made our stay very enjoyable and nothing was too much trouble, they went out of their way to ensure our stay was very pleasant. The 2 bedroom rooms were immaculate, fresh towels were brought each day, tea/coffee stocked generously and the black marble showers were amazing! I didn't want to get out!. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had a very good nights sleep. Bob cooked us a traditional full English breakfast and I have to say it was 1st class!! no mean portions in this house, fantastic! filled us up all day. Our hosts were very helpful in offering us places to visit, our car was locked away each night in a spacious locked carpark. Cirencester is a beautiful town and we shall be returing to the Cotswolds no doubt next year and shall definetly be staying at Apsley again. Fantastic, thank you.

Room Tip: Room 1, 5 =excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank henry h
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were welcomed to the B&B by Bob, an affable B&B host who also gave us some tips on where to explore within Cotswolds. Our room was tidy and cozy. The floors were carpeted ( including the bathroom) but felt clean. Water pressure from the shower was very weak and took us 3 x as long to shower. This might annoy some people, but we were fine with it as we were prepared for slightly dated infrastructure given the attractive room rate.

In summary, we would have been happy customers if not for what subsequently happened:
1) There were bed bugs. I still have red blistering itchy bites 3 days on from our stay.
2) We were not aware of the 10am check out time and had assumed a normal check out time of around 11.30am - 12 noon ( we were not informed during check in, or at any point of our stay and it was not mentioned on their website). We received a knock on the door at 10am on our last morning. It was Natalie, who was very flustered and wanted to know why we had not checked out. She said she needed to clean the room 'very soon' and would give us '5 mins' to vacate the room. She said the check out time was printed at the back of the door. We checked and it is indeed printed there, but we did not notice it as it was in small print along with several other rules about fire safety etc. It was unfortunate that neither my husband nor I read it, even though I did read the welcome booklet on the dresser and there was no mention of the early check out time. We had just returned from breakfast and were intending to shower and wash up for the day ahead. Instead, we had to scramble to pack and hurry downstairs within 5 minutes. We felt pressured for time, extremely sticky and uncomfortable having not been able to wash up for the day ahead. The hotel was only 50% occupied over the Easter holiday weekend so it is not apparent why Natalie was so inflexible and unwelcoming. We feel very let down by Natalie. I am also 7 months pregnant and cannot believe that she made us rush out of our room in 5 mins.

Needless to say, we will NOT be returning. Bed bugs notwithstanding, we were left very shocked and speechless by the manner we were treated at check out. Our advice would be to pay more, and find a hotel or a B&B that is more hospitable than Apsley House.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MrsRYY
jayden16, Owner at Apsley Villa Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

I normally choose to remain neutral in responding to any of my reviews, but this particular review is so incorrect that I now feel the need to respond. For the first and foremost, I "DO NOT" have any bed bugs in my house. This particular lady was annoyed that she could not extend the booking out time until 12 noon, This lady was pregnant, I can only imagine that her hormones played a part in this rash statement. ???