The Greyhound
Ranked #24 of 126 Restaurants in Cirencester
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located just outside the historic market town of Cirencester and close to The Water Parks, it is a traditional village pub with a cosy atmosphere and lots of character. Our large open fires are a welcoming sight in our charming pub. Our home-cooked food, exciting specials board which include market fish dishes, a wide range of real ales and a pleasurable choice of fine wines makes The Greyhound an excellent venue for warmth and hospitality. There's a large car park and function area which makes the Greyhound an ideal place for meetings and special occasions.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stumbled across this pub quite by accident one Sunday afternoon.....and what a find!

A lovely pub that serves what I deem to be proper, home cooked food....no processed rubbish here.

We were a party of 2 and arrived on a sunny Sunday afternoon, plenty of people sat outside and children playing in the small garden. We found a table inside the bar area (there is seating area in the restaurant area too) and got ourselves a drink and menu from the bar. The choice of food was great, and the prices were very reasonable too. I opted for the fish cakes, and was quite disappointed (but not suprised) that they had run out. So, I opted for the Sunday roast, and I wasn't disappointed. A generous portion of beef, with Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes and a side serving of vegetables. My companion ordered the beer battered fish and chips and she wasn't disappointed either. Again, a generous portion of both fish and chips.

The staff were polite, friendly and happy to help.

Well worth the visit, and I will be going back to try the fish cakes! :-)

1  Thank Kerry S

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Often go to the Greyhound. Service is good. Food good too, staff very helpful, could now do with a slight change of lunch menu but that's just me being fussy. Fish cakes are lovely, sweet potato chips and lots of fresh salad. 9/10!

1  Thank Marion W
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and i popped in hear for dinner one evening whilst on our fishing hold in the area. My wife was met with a warm friendly welcome so rare these days as we entered a lively cheerful atmosphere.
Wife enjoyed steak and myself the chicken.
Servive and attention from the staff was excellent and the local beer great TOO

We will be returning in july our next trip

1  Thank ihadenough
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just been to the greyhound in Siddington just outside Cirencester and it is a great place. Nice food, good beer and great hospitality. Well worth the visit, we will return.
I had a steak baguette and it is served with Stilton cheese and a nice relish. The fries were really hot and the steak tender. My partner had a chicken sarni.

Highly recommended.

Nick.

1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice country pub in Siddington. Just what you would hope for - reasonable prices, good food and a clean and fresh venue. The fishcakes were excellent. Visited twice within a month - that says something.

1  Thank hope2like