“Pub grub”

Ranked #17 of 123 Restaurants in Cirencester
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located just outside the historic market town of Cirencester and close to The Water Parks, it is a traditional village pub with a cosy atmosphere and lots of character. Our large open fires are a welcoming sight in our charming pub. Our home-cooked food, exciting specials board which include market fish dishes, a wide range of real ales and a pleasurable choice of fine wines makes The Greyhound an excellent venue for warmth and hospitality. There's a large car park and function area which makes the Greyhound an ideal place for meetings and special occasions.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Pub grub”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had sausages with dry mashed potato and gloopy gravy and gammon with chips and egg. Latter was better. Plenty of car parking and room to sit. Staff didn't ask if the meal was ok.

• Visited May 2014

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had supper here a couple of years ago and weren't impressed however we heard through the grapevine that it had changed hands and standards had improved so decided to give it another go last Friday lunchtime as a birthday treat for my Wife. It is without doubt a very charming Cotswold pub and restaurant, both inside and out, and as the sun was out decided to eat in the garden. The menu is what might be described as upmarket pub grub with the usual array of chicken breast, sausages, ham, egg and chips, battered fish etc. but somewhat 'grown up'. My Wife had the haddock & smoked applewood fishcakes served on balsamic dressed leaves with sweet potato fries (do you see what they did there?) and I had the duck breast served on a bed of creamy mash. Both very tasty, well presented and generous portions. The staff were very attentive and friendly without being overbearing so all in all, a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited June 2014
Houston
“Nice food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We found this pub online, read the reviews and gave it a go. The menu is good and it was busy, which for a Sunday evening is always a good sign.
Our only criticism is that we ordered, and about 20 minutes later we're told they had run out of the pie I'd ordered. This is a pet hate of mine. I hate choosing then being told I can't have it, and the fact it took 20 minutes to tell us made it worse.
What we had was very nice, prices were ok and overall we had a nice evening. We would go back.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Proper, home cooked food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this pub quite by accident one Sunday afternoon.....and what a find!

A lovely pub that serves what I deem to be proper, home cooked food....no processed rubbish here.

We were a party of 2 and arrived on a sunny Sunday afternoon, plenty of people sat outside and children playing in the small garden. We found a table inside the bar area (there is seating area in the restaurant area too) and got ourselves a drink and menu from the bar. The choice of food was great, and the prices were very reasonable too. I opted for the fish cakes, and was quite disappointed (but not suprised) that they had run out. So, I opted for the Sunday roast, and I wasn't disappointed. A generous portion of beef, with Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes and a side serving of vegetables. My companion ordered the beer battered fish and chips and she wasn't disappointed either. Again, a generous portion of both fish and chips.

The staff were polite, friendly and happy to help.

Well worth the visit, and I will be going back to try the fish cakes! :-)

1 Thank Kerry S
Malmesbury
“Tasty fish cakes for lunch”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Often go to the Greyhound. Service is good. Food good too, staff very helpful, could now do with a slight change of lunch menu but that's just me being fussy. Fish cakes are lovely, sweet potato chips and lots of fresh salad. 9/10!

1 Thank Marion W