“At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!!!”
Review of Cotswold Country Park & Beach - CLOSED

Cotswold Country Park & Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Located within a picturesque landscape, the Cotswold Country Park & Beach is an ideal location for all the family to enjoy. With beach, safe summer bathing , lakeside cafe, walks, cycling, barbecues, children's play area, boat hire and family fun all on one site. We cover our daily activity itineraries with memory making moments that shouldn't be missed.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Province of Mancunia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Visited on a Wednesday in May on a beautiful sunny day.
Not sure on the policy to charge per person as a car of 4 costs £12 and when you get in you can't see what you get for your money.
The whole place looks rather tired, on the day of our visit the beachside cafe wasn't open but reading other reviews, this may have actually been a benefit.
There is also a cafe situated underneath the gift centre but on seeing the bloke who serves the food smoking outside near the bins, we decided to eat elsewhere.
All in all a very poor experience......even if it had been free.

3 Thank NorthernGeezer

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Brilliant day out!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We spent the whole day here and it was fantastic. Something for everyone even a swimming area for the dog! The only negative I would say is that the toilets were a little worn and not as clean as they could have been. There was a note stating they were cleaned at intervals but I don't think that was the case today. I wouldn't want to use them on a really busy day if that if the normal standard.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not great...”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Clearly profit above anything else.

Food in the cafe very expensive and very poor quality. Long waiting time (30mins) for 3 sandwiches to be prepared, and it wasn't very busy.

Water zorbing is £5 for 5 mins, the manufacturer recommended charge is £3.

Car parking charge is per person, not per car.

The man made beach is more stones than it is sand.

Maybe its more enjoyable if you are taking part in the water sports? But even those seem overpriced.

Won't be going back in a hurry.

2 Thank Simon P
south west
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fro Open Water Swimmers”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I use the lake for open water swimming and after using other lakes in the waterpark this is easily the best for swimming.

They are open more then any other swimming specific lake and the safety cover is excellent. All of the staff are friendly and more than happy to help with any queries you may have.

1 Thank Skip281
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Some aspects need work, but overall thumbs up”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Visited for the first time with my husband over the may bank holiday weekend. As a nature lover I was impressed with the whole of the water park region. The Country Park and Beach is perfect for families and has loads to do for kids of all ages, all of which is active and outdoors. Its nice to have the option of having a bit of beach atmosphere without having to travel too far as this is a problem for me. The charges seemed rather high to me as we were only there for a couple of hours - I believe it should be charged on a per hour basis although I am sure most people go for the full day. I used the loo which really was not great - only 3 for the ladies so the usual queue and they really did need a damn good clean - for the entrance fee this is the minimum one should expect. My second issue was over the provision of refreshments - mostly junk food. There is a burger/hot dog place right next to the beach (where you have to queue up to ask what they sell because there is no menu on display??) its basically chips, burgers and fizzy drinks. The Café essentially only sells sandwiches of one type or another - as someone with a Gluten intolerance there was nothing for me and should we return I would have to take my own food, as would anyone who considers what they eat at all. It is a wonderful location, and I am sure would be a fantastic day out if you have kids, but with a bit of thought and care it could be an awful lot better.