Lock in the lowest price from these sites
xh558simon
Grantham, United Kingdom

business stay over1

Review of Riverside House
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Aug 2016
I stayed here while on business, which I have done before. I have found the facility’s adequate for my purposes before, but it wouldn’t be a place I would take my wife!
I had another trip on business this year, and decided to return. This time I found riverside had had a major revamp which was both tasteful and more luxurious, it really lifted this place up a star in my books.

Beds where very comfortable, and the bathroom was very modern. A lot of money has been spent here and it has done the place a lot of justice, and yes believe it or not I would bring my wife here now.

Ok, so there aren’t any magnificent views, but it is very handy for the city center which is a major reason why I use it.
Trip type: Travelled solo
£75
    £75
3.5 miles from Riverside House
View more hotels in Cirencester
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

We spent a night at the riverside hotel. The rooms were clean and big.
We were disturbed during the night by other drunk guests but that could happen at any hotel.
Breakfast was alright - we all could have done with a bit more choice (especially as the fresh fruit and yoghurt were served in really tiny bowls and if someone helped me themselves to some fruit or yoghurt you had to wait for the waitress to refill before you could take some out).
I would stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We stayed here for a Sat night when we were in Cirencester for a wedding. For the price and the location it was perfect. Although, it is by a main road so if you are a light sleeper you might nee the window closed!
We didn't have the breakfast but enjoyed the late check out (11am) compared to most places.
Arriving and leaving on weekend days meant that we didn't see anyone and were not welcomed - which didn't bother us, but tourists who might want information about the area might find this rather odd.
Clean, tidy rooms with a good shower.

Room tip: try to get a room not facing the road if you want a good nights sleep.
Reviewed 2 August 2016

As the other reviews explain this is not a conventional B and B but I can highly recommend it. Well decorated, clean, all the usual facilities, good though not outstanding breakfast and relatively cheap. There is no reception and at weekends no staff in evidence except at the Security gates. This means very secure parking at the entrance but no porter so you carry your own bags upstairs along long corridors. It is very quiet, some noise from the adjacent main road but not too intrusive. Outside is a trout stream.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Archaeologist
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Add to tips for finding it. The last round-a-bout is at the fire station. It is also beyond the Mitsubishi security barrier so you have 24/7 security! I understand the restaurant facility may be unmanned at weekends because this is not an Hotel. My wife & I could find no thing to fault & it is 50% cheaper than local alternatives.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Great value for money including free 24 hour secure parking.........rooms of high standard following rerfurb........breakfast totally sufficient and lovely lady serving. Don't be put off this is venue because it's a training centre .....quiet location......easy 10 min walk into town centre. Do not hesitate to book !

Date of stay: June 2016