eDreams
Taunton, United Kingdom

Fantastic staff at Riverside Hotel

Review of Riverside House
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Sept 2016
One night stay in double room. I read reviews before so was not expecting a quaint or characterful hotel. This business style hotel is part of Mitsubishi training centre and has a loading bay for lorries at back - BUT is only about a 15 minute walk from the town centre - so great if you don't mind this - lots of free secure parking (a bonus). The staff were all great - helpful, friendly and welcoming and the rooms very clean. Good breakfast. Only minor grumble was the shower in room 107 which was either very hot or temperamental but sure if I had told them they would have fixed it quickly. Good price; excellent staff.
Date of stay: September 2016
Room Tip: Might be noisy if you have windows open as close to road. Rooms 107 and 108 were spotless and...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    £76
    £84
1.8 miles from Riverside House
View more hotels in Cirencester
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Great private parking which is free and secured. The hotel is clean and the rooms recently refurbed and well equiped.excellent location only ten minutes walk from cirencesters main street full of resteraunts and bars and great value for the price we paid well worth a visit

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I stayed here while on business, which I have done before. I have found the facility’s adequate for my purposes before, but it wouldn’t be a place I would take my wife!
I had another trip on business this year, and decided to return. This time I found riverside had had a major revamp which was both tasteful and more luxurious, it really lifted this place up a star in my books.

Beds where very comfortable, and the bathroom was very modern. A lot of money has been spent here and it has done the place a lot of justice, and yes believe it or not I would bring my wife here now.

Ok, so there aren’t any magnificent views, but it is very handy for the city center which is a major reason why I use it.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

We spent a night at the riverside hotel. The rooms were clean and big.
We were disturbed during the night by other drunk guests but that could happen at any hotel.
Breakfast was alright - we all could have done with a bit more choice (especially as the fresh fruit and yoghurt were served in really tiny bowls and if someone helped me themselves to some fruit or yoghurt you had to wait for the waitress to refill before you could take some out).
I would stay at this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We stayed here for a Sat night when we were in Cirencester for a wedding. For the price and the location it was perfect. Although, it is by a main road so if you are a light sleeper you might nee the window closed!
We didn't have the breakfast but enjoyed the late check out (11am) compared to most places.
Arriving and leaving on weekend days meant that we didn't see anyone and were not welcomed - which didn't bother us, but tourists who might want information about the area might find this rather odd.
Clean, tidy rooms with a good shower.

Room tip: try to get a room not facing the road if you want a good nights sleep.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

As the other reviews explain this is not a conventional B and B but I can highly recommend it. Well decorated, clean, all the usual facilities, good though not outstanding breakfast and relatively cheap. There is no reception and at weekends no staff in evidence except at the Security gates. This means very secure parking at the entrance but no porter so you carry your own bags upstairs along long corridors. It is very quiet, some noise from the adjacent main road but not too intrusive. Outside is a trout stream.

Date of stay: July 2016