“Had a great time! ”

Fratello's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #24 of 125 Restaurants in Cirencester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fratello, the Italian meaning for Brothers first opened a restaurant in Swindon (Wiltshire) with a Woodburning oven in 2005, the restaurant is well established in the area and goes from strength-to-strength. At Fratello's Cirencester you'll find traditional Italian seasonal dishes, but with a contemporary twist.
“Had a great time! ”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Best Italian restaurant I've ever been to in the uk. Food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. Really recommend it.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a lovely new restaurant for Cirencester. A party of 6 of us dined here on a mid-week evening, we all had 3 courses and all of us commented on how delicious the food is. I had the scallops for starter which were divine and so tasty and the homemade ravioli seafood pasta which I can honestly say is the best I've eaten and I've eaten in a lot of restaurants. The tiramisu dessert was also freshly homemade and superb. The wine list is also excellent and the service very professional and efficient. Highly recommended and will be returning soon.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank David B
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Roman food in a Roman town”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is the third restaurant in the building since it was an estate agents. The interior has been totally cleaned up and looks very smart although I would have left the wood beams with stain rather than white paint!
Italo the manager, and his team, provide excellent service, there is a fine wine list and we found the house white and red to both be excellent.
The food is far nearer to what one would get in Italy than most Italian restaurants outside Italy provide and there is quite rightly no pizza available. We found the starters excellent but were all somewhat disappointed by the main courses. Also, almost no vegetables, so if they are added in as a side dish at £4 then the value is not so good.
I hope to go again because I liked the ambience and service but I will be more careful choosing my food.
The website is helpful and comprehensive and car parking is available.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Veni_bibi_edi
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“third visit maybe the last”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hi this was our third visit with friends so a table of 6 . We are normally greeted in a warm way but on this occasion we were blanked . After ordering starters which were fine we had mains and two people were disappointed luckily at this stage and after quite a bit of wine they just ate the food . The sea bass did look like a burnt heap of mess on the plate , the seafood ravioli did have grit throughout the sauce . Deserts were fine . The bill came to just under £400 with wine which I consider is quite expensive , we were a bit rowdy but after all visit any Italian restaurant and it should be lively ! Im sorry to say that I am disappointed as they haven't been open long and we have been there three times and this visit does put me off going again .

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank dkwilli
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“second visit”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

second visit to Fratello's and now planning third trip the food, service and price are all excellent am particularly impressed with the choices on the menu its without doubt one of the best Italian restaurants we have visited, by going here you are not taking a chance and will have a superb meal

• Visited May 2014