“Just wonderful....”

Fratello's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #26 of 123 Restaurants in Cirencester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fratello, the Italian meaning for Brothers first opened a restaurant in Swindon (Wiltshire) with a Woodburning oven in 2005, the restaurant is well established in the area and goes from strength-to-strength. At Fratello's Cirencester you'll find traditional Italian seasonal dishes, but with a contemporary twist.
Wiltshire, UK
“Just wonderful....”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have to confess that we were a bit sad when the old Mayflower restaurant on this site shut. It had been a regular haunt of ours.

However....

This new Italian is FABULOUS!

We walked in off the street early evening after the Cotswold Show. First people in the door. The welcome from all staff was fantastic. We were seated at once with menus and Prosecco and the evening just got better and better.

My husband and I shared the starter tasting platter. Utterly spectacular. The cured meats were sensational. Lovely bruschetta, great olives, arancini, vitello tonnato... all superb. My son had the Caprese with gigantic, perfectly ripe beef tomatoes and lovely, milky mozzie. His friend tucked into a mackerel and prawn salad and pronounced it excellent.

And the main courses continued....

Spectacular saltimbocca, a truly gorgeous carbonara with truffle, an amazing fish ravioli dish with mussels and scallops and prawns and squid; and a ravioli with pumpkin and amaretti which was utterly delicious. Oh, it was all so scrumptious that I want to go back and eat it all over again!

My husband was seduced by the tiramisu, which was so rich that he finally couldn't finish it, much to his annoyance. It was polished off by my post-teen son!

Service remained perfect throughout. It's jolly good value for money, too, for food of this quality - and quite big portions.

The wine list contains some very interesting bottles, (a couple I have never tried but have been earmarked for future occasions) and many come by the glass.

Can't wait to go back. I think this will become a regular for us....

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Caroline1651

“Had a great time! ”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Best Italian restaurant I've ever been to in the uk. Food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. Really recommend it.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a lovely new restaurant for Cirencester. A party of 6 of us dined here on a mid-week evening, we all had 3 courses and all of us commented on how delicious the food is. I had the scallops for starter which were divine and so tasty and the homemade ravioli seafood pasta which I can honestly say is the best I've eaten and I've eaten in a lot of restaurants. The tiramisu dessert was also freshly homemade and superb. The wine list is also excellent and the service very professional and efficient. Highly recommended and will be returning soon.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank David B
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Roman food in a Roman town”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is the third restaurant in the building since it was an estate agents. The interior has been totally cleaned up and looks very smart although I would have left the wood beams with stain rather than white paint!
Italo the manager, and his team, provide excellent service, there is a fine wine list and we found the house white and red to both be excellent.
The food is far nearer to what one would get in Italy than most Italian restaurants outside Italy provide and there is quite rightly no pizza available. We found the starters excellent but were all somewhat disappointed by the main courses. Also, almost no vegetables, so if they are added in as a side dish at £4 then the value is not so good.
I hope to go again because I liked the ambience and service but I will be more careful choosing my food.
The website is helpful and comprehensive and car parking is available.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Veni_bibi_edi
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“third visit maybe the last”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hi this was our third visit with friends so a table of 6 . We are normally greeted in a warm way but on this occasion we were blanked . After ordering starters which were fine we had mains and two people were disappointed luckily at this stage and after quite a bit of wine they just ate the food . The sea bass did look like a burnt heap of mess on the plate , the seafood ravioli did have grit throughout the sauce . Deserts were fine . The bill came to just under £400 with wine which I consider is quite expensive , we were a bit rowdy but after all visit any Italian restaurant and it should be lively ! Im sorry to say that I am disappointed as they haven't been open long and we have been there three times and this visit does put me off going again .

• Visited June 2014