“Great service, good food and a relaxed atmosphere!”

Fratello's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #21 of 127 Restaurants in Cirencester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fratello, the Italian meaning for Brothers first opened a restaurant in Swindon (Wiltshire) with a Woodburning oven in 2005, the restaurant is well established in the area and goes from strength-to-strength. At Fratello's Cirencester you'll find traditional Italian seasonal dishes, but with a contemporary twist.
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Great service, good food and a relaxed atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Late decision to eat out and decided to try the relatively new Fratello's as we hadn't been there before. Welcomed by friendly front of house who showed us round and invited us to pick a table. Menu's and wine list delivered promptly and it set the standard for the whole meal. Offered a couple of specials not on the menu, my wife choose one while I decided on crab ravioli. Olives were given to us and the wine by the glass was excellent and not over priced we were also offered chilled water which was kept replenished throughout the meal. Both dishes were very tasty and much enjoyed. Coffee with biscotti rounded off a really enjoyable meal and good evening. The bill was surprisingly modest which on paying we had a couple of chocolates. All in all a great place and one which we shall be visiting again very soon, certainly worth checking out the set price lunch time offering as well. No hesitation in recommending a visit soon before reputation make booking essential!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank David_L2408

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great new restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Well as we eat at the Fratellos in Swindon on regular occasions we decided to give the one in Cirencester ago too and we were very happy it is a different menu to Swindon but had a great choice of food the staff were fantastic food was amazing all in all a fantastic evening! Well done!

Visited July 2014
Marketing F, Public Relations Manager at Fratello's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. We’re pleased that you had an enjoyable meal with us, and we hope you’ll come back & see us again soon.

Please see details on our website regarding our ‘Taste Italia’ evening, enjoy a hand-picked selection of 5 Italian wines, with tasting samples of delicious, freshly prepared, seasonal food from one of Italy's finest regions.

To book, simply email marketing@fratellos.co.uk or call 01285 642777, spaces are limited and on a first-come first-serve basis.
Wiltshire, UK
“Just wonderful....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I have to confess that we were a bit sad when the old Mayflower restaurant on this site shut. It had been a regular haunt of ours.

However....

This new Italian is FABULOUS!

We walked in off the street early evening after the Cotswold Show. First people in the door. The welcome from all staff was fantastic. We were seated at once with menus and Prosecco and the evening just got better and better.

My husband and I shared the starter tasting platter. Utterly spectacular. The cured meats were sensational. Lovely bruschetta, great olives, arancini, vitello tonnato... all superb. My son had the Caprese with gigantic, perfectly ripe beef tomatoes and lovely, milky mozzie. His friend tucked into a mackerel and prawn salad and pronounced it excellent.

And the main courses continued....

Spectacular saltimbocca, a truly gorgeous carbonara with truffle, an amazing fish ravioli dish with mussels and scallops and prawns and squid; and a ravioli with pumpkin and amaretti which was utterly delicious. Oh, it was all so scrumptious that I want to go back and eat it all over again!

My husband was seduced by the tiramisu, which was so rich that he finally couldn't finish it, much to his annoyance. It was polished off by my post-teen son!

Service remained perfect throughout. It's jolly good value for money, too, for food of this quality - and quite big portions.

The wine list contains some very interesting bottles, (a couple I have never tried but have been earmarked for future occasions) and many come by the glass.

Can't wait to go back. I think this will become a regular for us....

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Caroline1651
“Had a great time! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Best Italian restaurant I've ever been to in the uk. Food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. Really recommend it.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a lovely new restaurant for Cirencester. A party of 6 of us dined here on a mid-week evening, we all had 3 courses and all of us commented on how delicious the food is. I had the scallops for starter which were divine and so tasty and the homemade ravioli seafood pasta which I can honestly say is the best I've eaten and I've eaten in a lot of restaurants. The tiramisu dessert was also freshly homemade and superb. The wine list is also excellent and the service very professional and efficient. Highly recommended and will be returning soon.

• Visited June 2014