All reviews lovely hotel roof terrace nespresso machine fresh milk in the fridge feature room car park boutique hotel spa break wet room huge bed superior room relaxation room walk in shower sunday morning steam room market place one night stay
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Has undergone complete renovation in recent years and is now an excellent hotel for a small town. There are remarkable rooms in the basement areas with Roman brickwork that is worth a visit. Also preserved are some mosaics, one visible in the reception area, and wall painting. The room we had was good. Spacious, well appointed and comfortable. The restaurant food is good. The chefs are trying hard and hopefully will go on trying to innovate. The barman/wine waiter, who comes from Rome, was exceptionally helpful. Breakfast smoked haddock with poached egg and spinach was the best I have ever had.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in one of the apartments. Bed so comfortable with lovely linen. All the staff were lovely. I did not eat so cannot comment on food and service. Few things awry but nothing that would stop me staying again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Ok, so the food was good. Not amazing, but good. The SERVICE however was AWFUL. Our mains came quickly but we had to remind them that we had ordered drinks. After our mains were taken away and no-one approached us for a long time we then asked for the desert menu. Again, no-one came to take our order so I grabbed a girl and asked if we could order. She was in the middle of serving someone else so said she would come and take the order shortly. She then walked past us six times, making sure to ignore eye contact. We got utterly fed up and decided we didn't want desert anymore. Again no-one came for us to pay so we walked over to the till. The waiter who was stood there was inputting orders into the till and didn't once look up to acknowledge we were there. We stood and waited for a good 3-4 mins before he finished, looked up and told us he 'wasn't trained to print receipts' and that he would go and get his colleague. By this point we were considering just walking out, after all no-one seemed to notice we were there, so they wouldn't have noticed us walking out! Really disappointing for what should be such a nice restaurant!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We stayed one night in this hotel while in Cirencester which was a attractive small town. The hotel was a bit steep so we expected something nice. It has been recently renovated so is very modern but to me lacked appeal. The room we were given was plain and modern but nothing special. It was very white and plain. It is an old building but you would not know it when staying in the rooms. We paid nearly £200 pounds for the night and there were no newspapers or bath robes which I sort of expected for that price. The price included breakfast.

The breakfast was standard but nothing great. Not a great selection on the buffer for different tastes. For example I don't eat carbs so go for the yoghurts and cheese and meats. I had eggs with salmon which was cold when it arrived. The waiter got my husbands order wrong twice and he had to ask three times for his coffee.

The parking out the front you have to pay for but you can overpay the night before to give you time in the morning at the meters. The downstairs bar area is nice and rustic. We never tried the restaurant but had a couple of drinks in the bar.

A major concern for us was checking out the next day. There was one lady sitting at the desk checking customers out one by one. We waited 40 minutes in the area to check out. One of the customers before us was not happy so was having a argument with the lady which went on for 25 minutes keeping everyone waiting. Very unprofessional. How hard is it to have two people checking out or the lady could have called the manager to take the other customer away to work it out with him.

All up a nice modern hotel in an old building which has been renovated. However not my cup of tea. The town itself is very nice for a visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Tim S, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you zitaaussiemum for your review and I am sorry to read that all was not well with your recent visit.

You have mentioned your bedroom feeling plain and modern and was nothing special. As you have not mentioned the room number you stayed in I am unable to comment on that particular room.

We do have a selection of bedrooms here at at the hotel and the majority of our rooms are all a little bit different, although some of our Classic Rooms can have a modern feel to them.

For guests who are looking to experience the unique characteristics of the hotel we would recommend booking one of our Feature Bedrooms, which all benefit from having exposed brickwork, original fireplaces and beams.

I am also sorry to read that you felt our buffet selection was not great and your husband had issues with his breakfast order, I will ensure that this is fed back to our Kitchen and Restaurant Team.

I take on board you feedback with reference to reception, we are due very shortly to have a new reception desk installed which will allow us to check out two guests at the same time which will reduce waiting times at peak times.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave you review.

Kind regards
T Spittles

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights and had a lovely time. The rooms and bathrooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated. Breakfast is great with a wide selection to choose from. The staff are all very friendly and nice. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank travelbuggs1977 for your 5 out of 5 review and I am delighted you had a lovely time.

I am pleased to read that you found the rooms comfortable and breakfast great with a good selection to choose from.

We are very proud of our team at the hotel and will pass on your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards