The Bull Hotel
Barnsley House(Barnsley)
Cricklade House(Cricklade)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmarket squareolde worldfull englishbeautiful townan evening mealpiecountry innpretty villagelovely atmospherestandard roomfamily roomwine listfish and chipssunday lunchcotswoldsalelana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Visited The Bull recently with several friends and family whilst at the Royal International Air Tattoo, air show. On arrival found the pub area to be rustic and welcoming, although fairly empty. I asked for a menu and was given a nice laminated large sheet. A quick look showed the typical pub fayre on offer at typical prices; steak and ale pie £11 ish. Whilst looking at the menu, a member of staff spoke to the barman stating that they were in the middle of printed off the new menus as they had additional/new dishes to include. This was not a problem until I looked at the revised menu.
The prices had all been increased, all starters and deserts were now £7 and all mains were £14! Starters included a minestrone soup, £7 ? and typical deserts that you would really not be expected to pay over £5 at a push. Needless to say, we drank our drinks and left the pub for a more realistically priced pub along the road. I can only assume that the prices had been inflated to co-inside with the air show and if this is the case, shame on you!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Busker12
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great little secret. Lovely location right on the square. The hotel is spacious with good food and welcoming staff. Rooms are perfectly sized with nice features. There is a good selection of local ales on tap which was well enjoyed by our fishing party. If you are after a weekend away fishing then this place is worth a try, Fairford is located on the River Coln, it is a great little chalk stream and within walking distance from the hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: Good veiws of the square.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I haven't stayed here but have been in a few times for drinks and business meetings. It's a potentially very cute little spot, right on the square in Fairford and with some nice little quirky touches inside. Drink selection is ok, although possibly a little over-priced. I would like to see it refurbished with a high quality spec, while retaining the touches of history and quirkiness. That would make it more than it currently is in my view.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is my 3rd visit to stay at The Bull Hotel and yet again it was fantastic, our trip was for 5 people staying in twin rooms on a fishing break. Fantastic value, great service (special mentions to Ian and Jamie), who made our trip extra special as usual, and thanks Jamie for the never ending ribbing. The food was great on both days, only slight downside was that we had the Sunday lunch menu on the evening (late 9pm), and the quality was let down a bit possibly due to it being past the end of their normal service times (our fault). However the beer and wine were fantastic and both reasonably priced, the fishing was excellent (for some) and the weather was amazing. Overall I cannot really fault you yet again, and we will be back next year. Please take the time to visit this little gem, even if it's only for a pint, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChesterGolfBoy
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I met an old girl friend at the Bull who needed a bit of cheering up, althogh the bar was quite busy we didn't feel at all over looked or overheard.Our drinks were served quickly, and our food orders taken by a very courteous landlord/ manager. Both meals were very tasty, both plates were completly clean, I think that speaks for it self. We followed the meal with coffee, a little strong for me, but then I'm not a regular coffee drinker so maybe not a fair comment. The Bull at Fairford is ok, parking can be a bit of a problem, on this particular day there was a torrential hail storm and I got fairly wet after parking the car ( I had dropped my friend off at the hotel entrance)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple