“Nice, friendly place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Swan Inn

Swan Inn
Sunnyvale, California
“Nice, friendly place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My mother and I spent two nights in a comfortable, twin-bedded room with a good en-suite bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. They picked us up and took us to the train station, which was nearby, but it was pouring rain. The breakfast was good and hearty and we ate good pub fare for dinner as well. Our room was fairly quiet and we did not hear much of the disco that was on Saturday night. I would definitely recommend the Swan Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed just 1 night on business in room 1. Very clean with nice touches, bottle of water, tea and coffee tray and bathroom extras - just like it used to be! Very friendly staff, evening meal of a rib eye steak was excellent and a good range too from the bar snacks menu (the mega burger looked amazing) Some renovation going on around the bar area and corridor perhaps due to a water leak but didn't detract from the experience. If what I saw was the car park it's very small but plenty of free street parking across the road so not an issue. Ideally placed location, just a short walk into the high street and market area. Very pleased and would visit again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1 but my colleagues rooms were just as good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I selected this hotel as a cheaper alternative to the Manor House hotel opposite, as we were attending a wedding there. Just a note on the Manor House - beautiful hotel but they charged me over £7 for one glass of house rose wine in the evening - absolutely rediculous prices! The Swan Inn, is a friendly pub with a sports bar, which is a little tired and was quite noisey in the evening after we'd gone to bed (Saturday). Having said that the bedroom, although very small was nicely decorated and very clean. I think anyone tall or on the larger size would struggle with the compact en-suite shower room but again it was all newly decorated and very clean. The staff were exceptionally friendly which was lovely and the cooked breakfast was also very good so all in all I felt it was a good value for money stay. If you're looking for a romantic break it's probably not the place for you but if you need a good value stop over I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night during one of the many storms we've endured. On entering the pub downstairs you think hmmm but as you go up the stairs it feels much better and brighter. Upon entering the room I felt chilly and I have to say that feeling never left me. The room was decorated nicely with lovely bed linen but it just felt cold, even with 2 radiators at Max setting. I'm afraid the bathroom was even colder, making the thought of a shower somewhat un appealing. I wondered if it was just my room that was cold as it was a corner room but after checking with another guest it seems all rooms are the same. I have to say though that the food served is lovely. All of the meat is provided fresh by a local butcher and you can tell the quality. The beer served in the bar is good and with darts and a pool table you can have an enjoyable evening although I don't think I'd fancy staying here if the bar was busy as it could get noisy. The staff were also lovely, very plea sent and polite.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived on a Thursday night and were made very welcome lovely 4 poster bedded room. Had a lovely breakfast Friday morning, Friday night had a lovely evening meal and a few drinks before retiring for the night. Were informed at dinner there would be some noise due to a disco in the bar but didn't expect it to be so loud we could not hear the tv. We complained and were moved rooms, whilst it was not as loud it was still unbearable. Lovely breakfast again on Saturday. Overall good food friendly staff but would not recommend if there
is a disco planned.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AndrewSP62
New Milton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Fairly basic pub downstairs but the rooms upstairs were small but beautifully furnished in boutique styles. Very high standard with lovely bathrooms.
Staff were brilliant; nothing was too much trouble.
Superb breakfast, plenty of it. Only surpassed by the excellent breakfast service.
Overall, great value for money and in an ideal location.

Room Tip: Nicer outlook on the front facing rooms, overlooking High Street. Could be noisy in the Summer (?)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

the pub itself needs a refurbishment inside as very tired and uninviting looking. But the food makes up for it, a huge choice on the menu and special board. Food is good and well presented. We have eaten here several times and never been disappointed with food choice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
White Hart Royal Hotel
#5 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
The Bell Inn
The Bell Inn
#6 of 20 in Moreton-in-Marsh

Been to Swan Inn? Share your experiences!