The Manor House Hotel
Horse and Groom(Bourton-on-the-Hill)
US$174
  • Restaurant
White Hart Royal Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$139
The Crown Hotel(Blockley)
US$104
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$213
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,208 results
All reviewsmulberry restaurantapple cottagemolton brown toiletriescourse tasting menubeagle barwine flightsuite dreams packagecream tealovely hotelwedding partywedding breakfasthigh streetafternoon teawedding receptionmain coursewaiting stafflamb
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Just stayed for 2 nights (24/25 September) on the Gourmet food and wine special breaks package. We went for a trip away after our Wedding as a special break. And they really did make it special.
The apple cottage is delightful, full of charachter and comfy. all good size rooms with my fav being the bathroom with its huge bath and seprate shower. Due to the weather i didnt try the hot tub but my husband did and raved about it.
We upgraded the cream tea that was part if the package to the Champagne Tea. I love my scones and they were one of the best i have had. along with sandwiches and a lovely cup cake. Very nice glass of champagne accompanied it also.
Evening we had the Taster menu and wine flight in the Mulberry restaurant. This was amazing and tasted sublime. It was more than enough for us (and my husband eats a lot) and by the end of it we really were struggling but it tasted so good we couldnt not force ourselves. the wine accompanied the courses perfectly. The service was also impecable with a vast knowledge of food and wine. Food was timed perfectly through the evening.
The next evening we deigned in the brasserie for 3 courses which were again very good, not as good as the night before but stil impressive with our steaks cooked to perfection. We also tried some cocktails that were tasty.
Breakfast was again to the high standard we had come to expect with service just as friendly, efficient and welcoming. A good selection, very well cooked.
The overall service during our stay from all staff was always at a high standard. If i was to be very picky they didnt time there cleaning and turn down service very well as we were in are rooms after returning from dinner/day out. We did not mind however.

If anyone would like to ask any questions about my stay feel free to message me.

Room Tip: Apple Cottage is a great place to stay. at the bottom of thegarden with its hot tub, large bedroom and lounge and amazing bathroom.
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 16 on the Sunday sublime saver deal that included Sunday lunch (3 courses) news paper, glass of wine, bed &breakfast.
The room was like a suite with separate seating area with lovely coffee machine etc, robes, comfy bed and ensuite.
The room overlooked the garden over the top of the conservatory roof but we couldn't see it through the driving rain the day we stayed!
We ate in the Brasserie for lunch and dinner - both were wonderful.
Breakfast was just as good- I had eggs benedict and thoroughly enjoyed it along with fresh honeycomb on toast. Yum!!!!
The service was first class from start to finish and I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.
I really hope we can go back again next year, I loved it so much.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Just came back from a two night stay.Room was roomy ,with a lovely bed, turned down each evening , two sets of towels per day and Moulton brown toiletries.Staff were extremely helpful and attentive.

Restuarant was very good with very good size portions using local produce.

Good variety of options during breakfast.

Room Tip: Try the 4 poster in room 14
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My girlfriend and I visited this hotel on the Saturday night just passed - 22nd September. Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed with the standard of the room offered to us for the money we had paid.
I am fortunate enough to stay in a number of hotels on business during most weeks, I'm afraid this bedroom was the worst I have experienced this year. The decor is very tired, the room is not well lit, important when the windows do not allow a great deal of natural light, the bathroom is extremely basic with a very poor and temperamental electric shower over the bath. The room is also far smaller than the price tag should dictate.
I'm afraid that if the hotel management genuinely believe that this represents value then they really should go and stay with some of their equivalently priced competition in the surrounding area.
This hotel room is effectively a decent guest house room and as such, bearing in mind the geographical location should be charged at between £80 - £100 maximum per night.
I will not be returning regardless of the quality of the public areas of the hotel, you don't sleep in the bar...!

Room Tip: Insist on a room that is not above the bar.
4  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed for one night on the summertime package which was good value for money. We were initially shown to a room on the highest floor and it had really sloping ceilings. We asked to change to a more accessible room and this was done immediately. The cream tea and Pimms were very enjoyable....just ask for extra jam and cream if you need it.
The evening meal was quite an experience. The food was of a high standard and the waiters and waitress were very professional. We especially like Georgia who gave a great explanation of all the cheeses.
We slept well in our huge bed. It was a chilly evening but a member of staff came to switch on the bathroom towel rail and brought a room heater because the radiator wasn't working.
Breakfast was also excellent and the hot dishes were cooked to order and not part of a buffet.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple