“2 day stop over in the cotswolds”

The Manor House Hotel
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Some people might recognise that I live in this town but as my house is rented I needed to stay a hotel. I booked though Late rooms and got a small standard room. I accept it was just a standard so the size of the room was limiting (must have built the room round the bed). Sleep was excellent and quite and could even here in the distance the train trundling along the cotswold line to Oxford.
Make sure you have the breakfast and dont default to the usual English grilled breakfast as the selection is fantastic and I had the smoked kippers with poached egg; it was delightful. Great stay and looking forward to trying the sister hotel, Swan Inn Bibury when we come back as the family in November.

Room Tip: This is England - do not expect AC but in the autumn enjoy tea by the roaring log fires
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ray F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed staying at this hotel other than the stressful business of parking and accessing the building. My travelling companion was frail and rather immobile. Prior to booking I was reassured that there would be ample parking at the front of the hotel and disabled parking bays in the car park at the rear of the building. In reality I rarely found a space at the front and when I did I had to block the road to get my companion in and out of the car. Furthermore there was no dropped curb so awkward manoeuvres were necessary. The worst issue though was the location of the designated disabled bays which were a long distance away ( over a gravel path) to the rear entrance. If someone with mobility problems could manage that route march then they would not be eligible for a disabled parking badge!

The parking issues were a real shame as the actual hotel, decor, location and service were all excellent and I would recommend staying there. I prefer the Manor House to the other Hotels in Moreton in Marsh; it is more sophisticated, has good and courteous service and is decorated with charm. The disabled room was well designed with an excellent shower plus suitably placed grab rails. My room had character and was comfortable. Good value too, for such a centrally located hotel, at £89.00 per night inc breakfast. I would stay again but not if travelling with a disabled companion.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I recently stayed at Manor House for 3 nights with a tour group from the USA. I cannot say enough good things about our stay. The hotel accommodations were pleasant and comfortable. The food was excellent and the staff was marvelous. Lovely visit. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldTravelerArizona
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had been invited to a family celebration lunch at the hotel and decided to stay the night, we were not disappointed. The room was very good as was the breakfast and we thought the price at £100 (it was a Sunday night) was also very reasonable. We didn't have dinner so can't comment on that but the 'set lunch' was good. The staff were young but very helpful and we would stay here again.

1  Thank JMB347
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed one night at the Manor House Hotel, taking advantage of the Summer Sparkle deal, which seemed to be pretty good value (three course dinner, glass of prosecco, overnight stay and full English breakfast from £89pp). The hotel was lovely, beautifully decorated & very cosy; we received a complimentary upgrade to a four-poster room, with charming window seat - not a huge room, but comfortable and well-equipped. There was even a nespresso machine in the room so we enjoyed a really good cup of coffee and some biscuits on arrival. The Molton Brown toiletries were also lovely; the bathroom had a rather low ceiling, however, and a hand held shower, which made showering a bit tricky (would have been a particular problem if you were very tall, which neither of us are). The food in the restaurant was good - of the fancy rather than hearty variety, but well-cooked and interesting, and the service and atmosphere was excellent. The chocolate ganache dessert was particularly good, and we enjoyed the after dinner cocktails as an extra treat.
This hotel was perfect for a relaxing, romantic break, with good food & charming surroundings.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel, facing over the gardens, and was very quiet - no road noise.
1  Thank Helen1039Leicester
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We went here on a Sunday evening. The staff were attentive, perhaps as there was only 6 of us in the restaurant. The food was well cooked and really tasty. I thought it was good value for money. I have nothing bad to say about this place. I will certainly return.

1  Thank pete_laws231
Reviewed 14 September 2013

3 nights at the Manor House really recharges batteries. Highly professional attentive staff cater to your every whim without intrusion. Pots of tea by the roaring log fires on comfy sofas in the well stocked library allows the cares of the world to fade away. Wander along the high street to sample the antiques shops and charity shops, then back for more rest. A great base for exploring the Cotswolds - a bit too county for us, but the hotel made up for the shortcomings of the area. A brilliant hotel for a short break. Not too expensive. Wonderful food, served in a lovely setting overlooking a beautiful garden. There is a station in this town, but you really need a car.

Room Tip: Room 18 is a cosy attic room at back of hotel - completely silent at night - even with a wedding par...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
White Hart Royal Hotel
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Lords of the Manor Hotel
Lords of the Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in The Slaughters

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!