“What a Great Venue For A Wedding!!”

The Manor House Hotel
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“What a Great Venue For A Wedding!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We Visited this weekend for a Wedding and I have to say it was Lovely.
The staff were great, the food was fantastic and it really was the perfect venue.
Also for a hotel wedding I thought the drinks were very reasonably priced.
Thanks to everyone that made our stay so enjoyable !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We decided to go to the Cotswolds to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary.We stayed at the Bay Tree in Burford for our honeymoon but no room was available so we decided on the Manor House. We were not disappointed and even though we had a room at the front we did not find it to noisy considering the through traffic. The room was very comfortable and the garden was lovely. Even though there was a conference going on at the same time we did not find it intrusive.
The restaurant was attractive and comfortable as was the bar. The food was excellent and the wines very reasonably priced. Would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Even though our room at the front was very acceptable I would recommend a room overlooking the garde...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed on 23/08 as I was attending a wedding at the hotel. Our room was lovely, the venue beautiful and the staff equally welcoming.

When in the dining room the following morning, I was hugely disappointed at the quality of the breakfast. After an excessively long wait for my meal I found that the Bacon was of a hard plastic consistency (which I struggle to understand how that is even possible) and the sausages were of equal poor quality. My partner (who's breakfast came without the toast she ordered ) and my father also had the same breakfast and they experienced the same. I neglected to finish my meal and felt sorry for those other customers who pay a staggering £14 (!!) for a full english breakfast.

Thank you for a pleasant stay, however for a hotel who has obviously taken so much care over the facilities and service I really feel that this should be matched in the dining room too - especially for those prices.

1 Thank MyNameIsChappers
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I are regular visitors to many of the Cotswold Inns & Hotels chain and our experiences are usually good. We often eat at The Lamb Inn at Burford, which is excellent. On Saturday 9th August we decided to go to the Manor House Hotel in Moreton in Marsh for an evening meal as it is within walking distance of where we live. The service was good. The wine was good. The FOOD WAS DREADFUL. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to eat
3 Thank Roger W
ManorHouseManager, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your review although clearly I am disappointed to hear that you didnt enjoy the food element of your time with us.

Seeing as your review is rather brief with no real details or reasons as to why you felt the food below standard or even which restaurant you dined in, it is somewhat difficult for me to investigate or comment.

All I can say is that seemingly you enjoyed the service and atmosphere of the hotel which I would hope would have given you the impression that we care very much about our guests experiences. With this in mind, I would have been pleased to discuss your issues and rectified / apologised as necessary. If you would be so kind as to contact me I am keen to hear more detail on your evening.

Ultimately, bearing in mind our positive reviews on TripAdvisor, I am saddened to hear of any guest who has not fully enjoyed their time with us.

Kind Regards
Simon Stanbrook
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

What a lovely place for a short break to relax and experience excellent service. Was given a very warm welcome, shown to our room on the second floor over looking the gardens. The room was lovely and very clean. The complimentary tea and coffee was very good, also very nice Molton Brown products for your use. The afternoon tea was lovely and was served in a lovely seating area with even a log fire going in August !! all added to the wonderful stay. The dinner was excellent and the service was second to none. Only problem was we stay long enough. Will be staying again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room view. As the room on the front of the hotel could experience traffic noise as...
1 Thank jill_simmons581
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our trip to the Manor house hotel overall was fantastic.

We arrived late Friday evening and were shown to our large spacious room, which was delightful. There are wonderful Molton Brown products in the bathroom and complimentary coffee and tea facilities in the room.

Saturday we spent the whole day cycling around the Cotswold and discovered some lovely little villages, note for those who are not serious cyclist, like ourselves, there are some big hills around!

On return to our bedroom we were a little disappointed that the curtains were not drawn, rubbish was not thrown away and dirty glasses were left un-cleaned. We did call reception who said this would be rectified once we were back from dinner, this was not the case. We made another point of informing reception in the morning and were hopeful that we’d return to a tidy room… there was only one clean glass, the ironing board had not been put away or curtains drawn… small overlooked housekeeping issues.

Unfortunately for the hotel the whole village lost water supply so we were without water Sunday night, after our cycle, but the hotel were accommodating and kept us well informed.

Excluding the housekeeping we did have a wonderful stay but for the standard of hotel being advertised, the housekeeping needs to be reviewed and charging for newspapers offered on departure is a new for me…

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens and not the road. Its a very busy through road and we live in Lond...
1 Thank E_Morris87F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a two night stay in a very comfortable room. Anything that we asked for was dealt with in a matter of minutes. We had the Taster Menu the first night which was excellent and would highly recommend. Each course and wine was explained and we loved the extra touch that the menu had our names printed on it. Staff excelled themselves - they all deserve 10 out of 10. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 22 was allocated to us - excellent size facing the street and away from any noise we could have...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
White Hart Royal Hotel
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,013 reviews

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!