“Lovely hotel, lovely setting”

The Manor House Hotel
West Midlands
“Lovely hotel, lovely setting”
Reviewed 14 October 2009

My partner and I stayed here on our wedding night ( we got married somewhere else though). The hotel is beautiful, and the location amazing, right in the town centre of Moreton-in-Marsh. The grounds of the hotel are also lovely. I booked the four-poster room, and it was nice and clean and quite grand. The breakfast was good, and the service was also good. I do feel it was overpriced though. For the price of the room, I would expect something truly amazing, and although it was good, iI didn't feel it was exceptional.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
London
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We attended a fantastic wedding at the Manor House - made special by the beautiful building, quality of food & drink, and the service provided by the hotel staff.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We stayed three nights in June 2009. The room was cozy and we were quite satisfied. The cons are; passage to the room are narrow and with many corners like a maze. The floors are not flat. Ceilings are low. I spite of these cons we loved this hotel. It is a presentation of English history. We surely will stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
ManorHouseManager, Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2009
Thank you for your comments and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your three night stay with us. We hope that the features of this 16th Century listed building added to and enhanced your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This place is always going to have a place in our hearts as we got married here last September and decided to return for our first wedding anniversary!

Working in a London hotel myself, I am very fussy when it comes to choosing and staying in hotels and The Manor House hotel does not dissapoint in any way. The food, cleanliness and service are all of 5* quality and I am so pleased to find out the hotel has recently been upgraded to a 4* by the AA - thoroughly deserved.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 26 July 2009

stayed in Apple cottage which was divine, fab facilities as detailed. If I was to be critical, there were cobwebs on the bathroom ceiling, the blind in the bathroom didn't work, the flush was 'tricky' and worst of all is the boiler/immersion that comes on early morning so loud that it sounds as if someone is running a bath!
The Mulberry restaurant was lovely, again minor details, but lipstick all over a wine glass, and dirty tea cups the next morning, and dirty food stuck under my cafetiere....... need that clean/maintenance push to be perfect

Great Britain
Reviewed 21 July 2009

We have just spent a delightful 24 hours at this hotel for a family wedding.
The staff were pleasant and accomodating; the rooms were pleasant if compact; the Hotel and grounds were a delight.
The information pack in the room was useful and whetted my apetite with a sample menu for the Brasserie, where we were to eat.
Unfortunately the evening menu was not as interesting. My confit of duck was nicely presented, if a bit nouvelle cuisine(which I detest). It had not been cooked properly, as it should fall apart and i should not have to remove all the fat from it. It was also luke warm on a bed of cool piped mash with a spoonful of cabbage on the plate, which was also cold. To their credit they did ask if all was well and appeared interested in my feedback. But will they do anything about it?
Breakfast the next day started well with a good continental range on offer. If you have a cooked breakfast, steer clear of the fried egg( only just cooked and greasy as anything) or the scrambled( not from a real egg but re-constituted and inedible).

One comment about the wedding breakfast: can they please understand the importance of delivering food on plates that are hot and not just rely on leaving food under the lights awaiting delivery, by the time my rare beef appeared it was medium to well done, luke warm and on a potato rosti that need a hammer and chisel to cut it.

in a nutshell, rather twee-presented food in small portions at high prices. What a shame, as I might stay at the hotel again,but I certainly would not eat there.

If they sorted out the kitchens they could achieve excellence.

1 Thank HenryatLarge
UK
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I Booked The Apple Cottage Suite as a romantic birthday treat for my partner. I couldn't find any pictures at all on the internet but we weren't disappointed. It is situated at the bottom of the hotels beautiful gardens yet close enough not to feel isolated. They have thought of every luxury and is well worth it for a special treat. It has a sitting room( with flat-screen television with Sky TV, DVD player, IPod/MP3 docking station) and dining room on the ground floor, spacious bedroom on the first floor along with luxurious bath suite (with flat-screen television),huge ‘walk in’ double shower and flat-screen television with TV, and Molton Brown toiletries just to make you feel even more pampered !. Apple Cottage also has its own terrace area and private hot tub.

I booked the Suite Dreams package which includes an 8 course taster menu in the Mulberry Restaurant. The food excellent and the staff attentive which just made it a great dining expereience. My only comment would be that its stipulates dress code as NO JEANS OR TRAINERS so why were fellow diners dressed in jeans. I find it annoying when some of us make an effort to adhere to such dress codes and some people can't be bothered.

I have noticed comments about noise from weddings etc., there was a wedding on when we stayed but it wasn't raucous noise just people enjoying the day. In fairness to the hotel I booked via email and it does say in the blurb at the bottom of the email "Please be aware that the hotel occasionally has functions with music until 12.30am, please check with the hotel if this is of concern to you"

All in all a wonderful weekend at a great hotel - Thank you The Manor House

1 Thank Andrea_t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
White Hart Royal Hotel
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Buckland Manor Country House Hotel

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!