“Cotswold country break starts here!”

Redesdale Arms Hotel
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We visited Redesdale last year and loved it so much returned for our anniversary and were fortunate to stay two nights on the wine and dine deal.

Our room was superb and the lovely carafe of sherry a welcome treat. The staff are pleasant and attentive. Indeed my husband was taken poorly and lovely Fran on reception.offered every assistance and kindness possible. (He recovered to enjoy our stay). The food is superb and is presented in style. We played cards in the cosy bar with a roaring log fire behind us and local and residen guests were all thoroughly enjoying themselves.Anyone who does not enjoy Redesdale Arms Hotel is a sad soul. We look forward to our return.visit.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems ask for a ground floor apartment.
1  Thank selina436
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I have been visiting this hotel twice a year for the last four years and it has always been fantastic! We stay on the way on to Birmingham to break up the journey and never consider staying elsewhere! I thought it was about time a wrote a review to recommend it to other people.

We always request the same room, The Batsford Suite, which has a HUGE four poster bed and jacuzzi tub (we have also used one of the family suites when the Batsford wasn't available). There is water and sherry in the room with very good tea and coffee making facilities.

The welcome is always warm, the bar area atmospheric and the restaurant brilliant! The staff are always extremely accommodating and on this visit we had our 9 month old daughter so we had a few more requests! Nothing is too much trouble for them and they always have a smile!

The food is wonderful. We generally stay on the dinner, bed and breakfast rate which for the past few times has always included a bottle of house wine (a merlot which is delightful and not as you would expect a house wine to be!). As a result, it offers excellent value and you eexcuse the food being of average quality. However, average is not the word to describe the food. I am a keen cook and very critical and the food is simply divine. On this occasion, my duck was slightly over cooked but it was still beautifully moist and as I said, I'm fussy - the chef probably cooked it as (s)he thought it should be cooked! The desserts are always out of this world - my husband and I aren't dessert fans and during the years we have been staying at the Redesdale Arms, we have grown from sharing ice-cream to ordering and eating two desserts! Coffee is served with amazing melt in the mouth truffles!

Breakfast is wonderful and sets us up for the day...in fact we don't eat again until the evening! The scrambled eggs are thoroughly recommended!

What more can I say? If you're looking for a romantic trip to the Cotswolds then go and stay at The Redesdale Arms! We will be back again in August!

Room Tip: Ask for an executive suite!
1  Thank GnasherWestSussex
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I found the location and the ambience of this hotel very nice, but had two problems with my stay:
The food - my girlfriend had to send her food back as it was cold, my steak was not tender, I didn't think the meal generally was good value at £20 per course.
The room, we were in room 10 at the back and I was kept awake by the noise from the extractor unit on the roof opposite.
I don't think I'm a light sleeper and I'm not normally one to complain as my other reviews will show.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the main building
1  Thank FennelVeloute
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We first visited The Redesdale looking for a last minute weekend break in January and loved it so much we have been back twice since.The staff are friendly and welcoming. The bar food is lovely and reasonably priced and the restaurant meals were excellent. The bar has a lovely comfy seating area next to the real log fire.The atmosphere in the whole place is relaxed and friendly.The rooms are spotlessly clean and have a good range of toiletries.We have stayed in rooms in the main hotel and the courtyard and were equally happy with both.

The Redesdale is ideally situated for visiting nearby villages and also Stratford upon Avon.We have recommended The Redesdale to all our friends and relatives and can't wait to go back.Highly recommended and good value too.

1  Thank cjd234
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We just stayed here in an executive plus room for 2 nights on the wine and dine deal. It was a Valentines and Anniversary treat that did not disappoint. The accomadation was amazing with a room more like an apartment, the whirlpool bath was a real treat although it did take a very long time to fill due the the amount of water leaving the hot water tap but it was worth it in the end. The food was amazing and we struggled to finish it. You get a very high quality service in a place that is cosy and unpretentious! We loved every second of our stay and have already recommended a visit to everyone we know. Thanks for a great break!

Room Tip: Executive plus was worth the extra ten pounds a night!
2  Thank Abbie H
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed for a Saturday night in early February, during the cold spell. We opted for the Dinner, Bed & Breakfast package which was good value, including a 3 course meal and wine on the saturday evening.
The location in the centre of Moreton is good with plenty of parking outside and the puba t the front of the hotel is lively with a good choice of beers.
We opted for one of the modern executive rooms, which are at the back of the hotel. It waswell supplied with toiletries and tea/ coffe, etc. There were a couple of light bulbs not working, but the biggest issue was the heating in the bedroom which was provided by storage heaters, which we were unable to shut off in the night. Despite the outside temperature being several degrees below zero, we could not cool the room down, causing problems sleeping,and in the end we resorted to opening a window, which is not efficient. When we mentioned this in the morning we were just told that it's a problem with storage heaters and there's very little they can do. Perhaps replace them with a more efficient heating method.
The breakfast on Sunday was reasonable, although my wife had to wait almost 15 mins for a boiled eggs, which when they arrived were very hard and certainly were of no use to the bread soldiers provided.

Room Tip: Rooms in main buiding may have a better heating system
1  Thank tonytourguide
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have stayed at many big branded big range hotels over the past several years who could learn a lot from this place, Great welcome, great room, great service, friendly atmosphere, good surroundings, nice bar, really good food, it has it all. We were in the area for a weekend, 1 night at the Redesdale followed by another at a large Country Club/Spa in Chipping Norton. We left the Redesdale after a great night and headed to what should have been a perfect conclusion in Chipping Norton. How we regreted that we hadn't booked the Redesdale for the weekend, the other (far more expensive place) was aweful and we just wanted to go back. Look at the score this hotel has and read the reviews, it truely is a gem of a hotel with remarkable staff. The room was just so much more than anticipated and I cannot praise them enough for making our (sadly only) one night memorable. I have stayed in all of the bigger hotels in Moreton in Marsh, and this one stands alone and well ahead of the other extortionately priced alternatives. Take a tip from me and book the Redesdale, you won't be disappointed !!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the block to the rear of the hotel, seperate from the main building
1  Thank SteveECheshuntUk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
0 mi away
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Sheep on Sheep Street
Sheep on Sheep Street
#3 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Charingworth Manor
Charingworth Manor
#1 of 3 in Chipping Campden

Been to Redesdale Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!