“Redesdale Revisited”

Redesdale Arms Hotel
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We booked 3 nights in the new mews rooms this time and first impressions were wow .From the intimate private patio ,the quiet, small lounge ,the very wellappointed bedroom, to the elegant bathroom you could see someone had given this some thought .On a cool night and certainly at all times a warm towel rail is very welcome ,but not to be acheived here .Unfortunately the power shower let us down too many times during the first two days so we had to give up our new mews room .To his credit Robert and his loverly staff looked after us for our final days stay and we enjoyed the Redesdale once more .Great service ,good food and an excellent location but please get your showers sorted out in the new rooms because we would like to come back .We will be reading further reviews !!!!!.

Room Tip: Read some reviews first ,then make up your own mind .
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in one of the Mews Rooms (I asked for one of these having read the reviews) and also asked specifically for one with a walk in shower rather than a bath which they accommodated no trouble. We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We had an upstairs mews room, parked outside (great for taking baggage up and for quick exit for a day out)... the room had a very comfy bed, clean, spacious and we had a little balcony though a couple of chairs out there would have been good. A huge tv on the wall and the sherry was a nice touch. The back of the hotel was very quiet and the courtyard setting nice. Breakfasts were lovely, we liked the sausages so much that we found the butcher on the high street and took some home in our coolbag. Staff friendly and obliging. The only small negative,ate in the restaurant on the first night and found the menu limited and the specials didnt change so sought out the restaurant in the hotel opposite on the following evenings which wasnt as dear and had a better choice. Would definately go again and recommend the new mews rooms.

Room Tip: Room 32 a winner! We called it 'our apartment' as spacious and had a little balcony.
2  Thank Prin007
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Comfortable, excellent staff and wonderful food. The hotel is run is run in a very professional manner. it is idealy placed in the centre of the town with off road parking to the rear of the hotel.
My room was extremely comfortable and well furnished although the power shower in what is a well appointed bathroom was not very good.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Snowhill room which is upstairs off of the courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LSP190
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed at the Redesdale Arms for a long weekend in August 2012. From check in to check out the staff were all extremely friendly and very helpful. It is nice to be in such a central location and the on-site parking makes it very convenient. It is a good hotel, but the edge is just taken off it by three small things: breakfast is a buffet rather than being cooked to order; our very modern room had a power shower which was not up to the job in hand and would turn off at will; and the walls are paper thin, so we heard ever word of our neighbour's choice of late night movie.

2  Thank AMCandFMC
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We took advantage of a special offer of a Mews Room with D,B&B and a packed lunch for £159 to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. We were even more impressed when we saw the room with its King sized bed which proved very comfortable, a 40" flat screen TV and a decanter of sherry in addition to the usual coffee etc. There was also a lounge area with doors to an enclosed patio with table and chairs on artificial grass. The bathroom was very up to date with an excellent shower which would have been even better if it had been in a separate enclosure rather than over the bath which made it feel a little restricted and it was hard to prevent water from spraying on to the tiled floor. It was a ground floor room away from the main hotel building and we were able to park immediately outside our room door. Golf style umbrellas were provided for the short outdoor walk to the main building in the event of bad weather and the newspaper we ordered was delivered to our door in the morning. Free Wi-Fi was available with a good signal in our room. We were exceptionally pleased with our room but recognise that our comments may not apply to all other rooms.

The staff were all very friendly and service was good. Our order for dinner was taken while we enjoyed a drink in the bar. The starters and deserts were very good. I thought the Creme Brulee was one of the best I have tasted for some time. We did not enjoy our main courses quite as much, partly due to the generous portions for the starters taking the edge off our appetites but perhaps also to our particular choice of dishes for our main course which were also of generous proportions and which, with hindsight, may not have been the best to choose in conjunction with our starters. I had seafood linguine which was disappointing in the amount of seafood it contained although there was plenty of salmon and too much pasta for my taste but perhaps the right amount for someone else.

Breakfast was good and is buffet style athough tea or coffee together with toast is served to your table. There was a good choice of hot and cold dishes and other hot dishes were available to order.

1  Thank Tom180311
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Ate at the Redesdale Arms on Saturday night and the meal was superb. The service was excellent and attentive, the meals fresh and beautifully presented. I had the fish and chips, the fish was lightly battered and the chips well cooked on the outside & soft inside. My companion had the Salmon & Ginger fishcakes which I was told were lovely. I would thoroughly recommend this pub for a very good meal.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katt
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Just spent four nights at this charming 17th Century country hotel and was housed in a mews apartment at the rear of the hotel and enjoyed every minute of my stay. I had a car parking space directly outside my room each evening. As I was attending a training course in the town and needed a quiet room to study in the evenings - I was not disturbed once.

Having read a few of the other reviews here I am surprised at some of the comments and attitudes of the people that wrote them. I always ask this question - why do people just write poor negative reviews instead of giving the hotel staff the opportunity to correct any problems. These people seem to just like to whinge.

Every member of staff from the hotel director to the restaurant staff and cleaners were very friendly, helpful and respectful to their guests.

The hotel room was cleaned to a very high standard every day with clean towels, complimentary tea and coffee, bottled water and a decanter of good quality sherry - Very civilised! The buffet breakfast was of an exceptional standard and HOT! The choices on the dinner menu provided an excellent selection catering for all tastes. The quality, standard and presentation of the four evening meals that I overwhelmingly enjoyed was also exceptional (and HOT).

To conclude, this is most certainly one of the best hotels that I have stayed in out of the 40 to 50 that I have stayed in so far this year. I must add, this is the only review that I have written following a stay in a hotel - that should speak volumes of this hotel. Most definitely, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I will go out of my way, within reason, to stay at this hotel again.

Don't take any notice of the whingers try this hotel for yourself and if you have any problems - play fair and give the staff a chance to put things right.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
0 mi away
White Hart Royal Hotel
White Hart Royal Hotel
#1 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
The Manor House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Fish Hotel
The Fish Hotel
#4 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Redesdale Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!