“Great location, great room, great food”

and 1 more site!
Redesdale Arms Hotel
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel was booked on the last minute but what a gem.
The room was a little more contemporary than we would have chosen and we werent given a choice but it was lovely.
We had our evening meal in the hotel and it was reasonably priced and delicious.
Staff were exceptionally friendly. Particularly the staff serving food. Nothing was too much trouble.
We waited at reception a while to check in and one of the girls checked us in in the end. Then when we were going out for our luggage the receptionist made no attempt to say hello which we found overall very unusual. Maybe he was preoccupied.
We would love to stay again, but maybe in the main building where I believe the rooms are more traditional.
Overall though I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 19 which had its own front door ie like a little chalet almost. But lovely.
There are newer reviews for Redesdale Arms Hotel

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We decided earlier in the week to go away for a night and booked a Sat night at this hotel. What a fabulous time we had. Lovely room, car parking directly outside the door, complimentary decanter of sherry which was a nice touch Room immaculate as was the bathroom. Had dinner in the bar and not in the restaurant, lovely meal. Breakfast was top notch. There had been an overnight frost, so Reception even had de-icer to loan to people, the attention to detail was excellent. Staff extremely friendly. Will def, def, def go back there again and would highly recommend it to others wanting a stay in the Cotswolds.

1  Thank 99aud
RedesdaleArmsHotel, Receptionist at Redesdale Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Guests

Firstly thank you for taking the time to share your review on trip advisor.

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future and if I can help with any reservations please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Terri Tomes

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have just returned from a lovely weekend here as a surprise for my birthday
The annex room was lovely and huge comfy bed,parking right outside too
The breakfasts were amazing , set you up for the day whilst strolling around the town
Went into Stratford on the Saturday which was nice then back to the hotel and perched up by the fire for the afternoon
It was so cosy we didn't leave the couch and ate our fish and chips here in evening
Met lovely people and we would definitely return to this hotel
The staff are very welcoming and cannot do enough for you
I would recommend this hotel and we will be returning
Food in the restaurant is amazing , we had the lamb and dauphinese potatoes which were lovely , all served beautifully , well done to the chef and the staff her
Thanks for a lovely weekend

Dear Guests

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at the Redesdale Arms Hotel.

I'm glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and all the staff made you feel so welcome for your Birthday weekend away. I will be happy to pass on your kind comments to all the staff.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Thanks

Terri

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We called in here for something to eat and were impressed by the quality of the food (we were being nosey to see what others were having and it all looked fab). My friend and I chose the venison and blue cheese burger - yum! It came with lovely chunky chips and coleslaw. Delicious and competitively priced. We sat by the open fire in very pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, nice room, efficient staff.

I liked -
CD/dab radio in the room
Complementary sherry decanter in the room
Excellent breakfast with real quality sausages

I didn't like that the room was too hot, and storage heaters can not be turned off- but I didn't ask for help and it might have been my error.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Eight of us celebrated my husband's birthday here. The food was fabulous and service very good. My lamb dish was probably the best I have ever tasted and everyone else commented on the high quality of their meal. We had plenty of wine and 2 or 3 courses each totaling £300 for 8 people We will be returning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wow! How lovely are the staff at The Redesdale Arms Hotel! We were looked after extremely well and the food was excellent. Everyone made us so welcome and made our celebrations even more special. Our party was large and everyone of us felt the staff were very attentive and warm and all smiled and nothing was too much effort.

Thank you Rob, Fran and team for doing a fantastic job.

As you were so good, we will be back in March to do it all over again :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
White Hart Royal Hotel
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to Redesdale Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!