“Lovely modern room in olde worlde hotel”

and 1 more site!
Redesdale Arms Hotel
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed overnight for a nearby wedding. Great central position in amongst numerous shops and places to eat. Had a brilliant night's sleep-comfortable and quiet.breakfast was buffet-style with lots of choice and variety for all tastes. Staff were attentive, friendly and polite.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I returned for our fourth visit in four years to mark a special event. We recalled our first visit when refurbishing was taking place - even then the service and the welcome was tremendous. We felt at that time the reception received could not be bettered. We were wrong it is not only better it is superb. Our rear bungalow was warm, clean and the carafe of sherry and bottled water was a welcome delight. Lukas was extremely helpful and if I recalled all the young ladies names I would also give them 10 stars for friendliness and smiles. Dinner fantastic each time - we spent three nights at Redesdale Arms and the breakfast put paid to my diet plan. So many places still to discover - Birdland was hit by the storms but still a great place to see penquins. Anyone who finds fault with this hotel has a serious problem. Look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ground rooms in courtyard best for those with mobility problems.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank selina436
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I went to this hotel for a celebration weekend for my parents. The building is very impressive, with a lovely lounge bar complete with log fire. My room was a motel style room directly off the car park - it was warm and nicely furnished, although the bed valance was a bit grubby, and the bathroom was a slightly tired. There were plenty of free toiletries in the bathroom, as well as coffee/tea and sweet sherry! (weird). I was slightly disappointed to find a huge tv in the public bar showing football - I don't feel this adds to the atmosphere of a quality establishment, but there was no room anywhere else. The dining room was fine, if a little corporate in décor, and there were no prices on the menu. The menu was a bit limited if you don't eat meat, but well presented and tasty. I hate starters served on slates - pretentious and difficult to eat without tipping it all in your lap!
I slept well in a comfortable bed, and the breakfast was very good, with plenty of choice.
The best aspect of this hotel has to be the staff - the young man at the reception and later in the restaurant couldn't have been more helpful. Also there were two girls, one in the bar and one at breakfast, who were really approachable and friendly. All in all a good visit .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Once again we enjoyed our stay. The staff were very attentive, polite and helpful, the food was excellent and served in a pleasant atmosphere. The bar area with comfy chairs and open fires was a real joy. Our room although newly built lacked a little TLC. The loo roll holder was missing and you really had to be fairly athletic to climb into the 'high rise' bath for a shower. My only disappointment was the paper thin walls to the adjoining room as every spoken word was audible and nocturnal activities did not remain private.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank noteasilypleased_9
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Upon arrival there is a small car park to the rear of hotel. The reception area is very nice and the receptionist was very welcoming. She showed me to my room which was in the complex at the rear of the main building. Upon first look the room was great, nicely decorated, lovely furnishings, great complimentary drinks tray which even included a cafétier, water and sherry! There was a large television and a very comfy bed. The room was lovely and warm and the bathroom looked great too. Unfortunately things started to go wrong later in the evening when I tried to have a bath and there was enough warm water to just about fill it. The other main problem is that if your room isn't one of the 8 in the main building you are in a complex at the rear which overlooks the car park, beer garden and rear entrance to the bar and smoking area so if the noise from one doesn't disturb you the others will. I popped into the bar for a quick drink and I have to say its a lovely bar and very nice looking restaurant. I returned to my room (still lovely and warm) and went to bed only to be disturbed by the next door rooms tv and toilet flushing, the walls of the rooms seem to be very thin. Just as I was drifting off to sleep I was jolted awake by the noisiest heating system in the world shutting down. When I say it was loud it was very very loud, I even heard next door talk about it. Off to sleep again only to be woken up again by the same sound at about 230am and again about 430am when the heating comes on again. Perhaps I was unlucky to be in a room right underneath the boiler but it certainly makes for a disturbed nights sleep and it was the same again on the 2nd night. If you are going to stay here try to get a room in the main building which really is lovely and the staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful, if however its an outside room I would walk over the road to The Manor.

Room Tip: pick a room in the main hotel building
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rachel W
RedesdaleArmsHotel, Manager at Redesdale Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest
I am so sorry for the disturbance; we had two (Nightmare) days of distribution due to a broken water pump. This also affected other guests. I am so sorry you did not tell us at the time your room was affected as well, as we would have moved you into a non affected area and compensated you for your disturbance.
On a positive, thank you for your praise for the hotel and its staff. The restaurant and bars have all been recently refurbished.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Robert Smith
Hotel manager

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I booked to stay in this pub/hotel while working in the Fire service college as it was nearby, the entrance looked good and the gentleman on reception was excellent and after checking me in he showed me to my room. Room 15 was in the rear bungalows and I was wondering how the is only rated a 2 star property. The room was very warm so I opened a few windows and unpacked. There was complimentary bottled water and sherry in the room which I thought was a nice touch as well as free Wi-Fi and a large television. All was going fine until the following morning when I turned them shower on to find no hot water, unsure of which was the hot or cold tap I turned them both to see if it would draw the hot water faster to the shower but after 5 mins I realised that there was probably an immersion tank that feeds hot water to all the rooms in the block and as it was February it had all been used by other guests. Personally I do not mind cold showers and by this time I was looking forward to a nice hearty warm breakfast, that was the other let down. If you say on the menu that you will be give fresh hot toast that is what you expect not toast that has been put in a warm place for a long time and has the texture of damp cardboard. The bacon was cooked and the rashers were not separated so they fused into a block of bacon and it was impossible to separate them, the sausage were like rubber tubes the hash browns and fried bread were soggy from spending far to long in the bain marie and the baked beans were a congealed dried up inedible mess. The temperature of all the breakfast items was lukewarm at best and this was a great shame.
I am sure that these issues do not normally occur but if they did in my hotel I would instruct my staff to resolve the issue by either fixing the fault there and then or maybe even asking the guest if they would like to shower in a room with hot water. This would have earned the hotel an excellent rating instead of a poor one

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank d0minic_H
RedesdaleArmsHotel, Receptionist at Redesdale Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I apologise for the lack of hot water in your room, unfortunately, the problem could not of been rectified by any of the managers who did their up most to try to resolve the problem that morning, and so a plumber was called out later that day and the problem was resolved.
With regards to the breakfast I'm truly sorry you never experienced our award winning style, and will certainly be taking the matters up with not only the breakfast manager but also our chef.
We do hope we are able welcome you again in the near future while attending the Fire Service College.

Thanks
Terri Tomes

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We had a superior room which was nicely decorated. Fab and comfortable bed. Lovely shower room. Even had free brandy . Hotel staff were extremely accommodating and helpful. We also had dinner in the restaurant which was very good although at the beginning felt slightly rushed but that could have been due to arrival of a big party. If you want to eat suggest booking as restaurant and bar full. Breakfast was good although because we went down towards the end of service some of the hot buffet was a bit over cooked. We should have got there earlier! Would definitely stay again. Right in middle of high street with lots of lovely galleries and shops to look around

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff very helpful.
I apologise that you felt slightly rushed at the start of your dinner and you felt the food was a little overcooked when you arrived for breakfast the following morning.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Thanks
Terri Tomes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
0 mi away
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Sheep on Sheep Street
Sheep on Sheep Street
#3 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Charingworth Manor
Charingworth Manor
#1 of 3 in Chipping Campden

Been to Redesdale Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!