Redesdale Arms Hotel
White Hart Royal Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$140
US$135
The Manor House Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$161
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$120
TripAdvisor
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$212
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$127
US$124
1,267 results
All reviewsdecanter of sherrymews roombreakfast was buffet stylewhirlpool bathlounge barmain buildingjunior suitebottled watermodern bathroomhigh streetexcellent breakfasttea and coffee making facilitieshuge bedevening mealbiscuitslog firehigh standard
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Excellent hotel with really friendly and helpful staff.Good situation on main street,Ate in the restaurant on 2 of the 3 nights we stayed there and it was excellent.Food in the hotel in general was very good.and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
rob0304, Front Office Manager at Redesdale Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2010

Thank you for your uplifting review, peole are so eager to leave negative comments it nice for someone to take the time to leave positive comments after a happy stay.
Your positive reveiw means alot to us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2010

We stayed for one night after reading positive reviews about the Redesdale. I must echo previous reviewers's comments about the service. When we arrived there was another couple at reception. Upon seeing 4 people, who obviously made up 2 parties, the receptionist exclaimed "oh no! Everybody is checking in at the same time!" which pretty much set the tone for the stay. We asked one area-related question which was met by ignorance. The room was adequate but the bathroom was far from spotless. Our room was in the main building which was quite noisy until quite late, people talking and tables being dragged repeatedly. Breakfast, a buffet, was nice enough but again the service was poor. The woman who checked us out and appeared to be the manager had absolutely no social skills. She barely acknowledged us, did not ask if we'd enjoyed our stay. I worked in the hotel industry for some years and was shocked at her lack of civility. We paid and she just wandered off without a word, I had wanted to ask a question about the restaurant, which is supposed to be very good. Alas I shall not be able to comment on that as we decided, after having to ring the bell for the wanderer to return, that we'd rather spend our money elsewhere!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I stayed here with my wife for two nights at the end of April 2010.

I thought The Redesdale was a fine hotel and pub and we got a great deal for 65 pounds a night. The room was extremely well-appointed, the breakfast buffet was fantastic and the bar/lounge area was a nice place to drink in,

However, I'm a great believer in the adage that 'people make a business' and far too many of the staff looked overworked and underpaid. The place needed a few more smiles and good mornings and the reception manager (a guy in his mid-20s) needed to tone down the cockiness a little.

My biggest complaint would be about the wi-fi connection. Having a good wi-fi connection is the most important thing to me because I run an on-line business. The reception manager gave me a good deal and promised me a decent wi-fi connection. When I realised I couldn't get the connection (or it was ridiculously weak) the reception manager said he would refresh the signal or something and just disappeared. He really couldn't care less.

When I read the hotel guide on the dressing room table, it mentioned that wi-fi was available in the bar / lounge but not in the rooms. Fair enough - but that wasn't the deal I signed up for. I felt rather misled and disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
rob0304, Front Office Manager at Redesdale Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2010

Sorry to hear bout your difficulties with the wireless, while signal is very high in the bars we are in the process of extending the network.
The room you were allocated does usually receive a very good signal however there was an issue with the wireless in that area which is now being resolved.
We would like to assure the reception manager did indeed do his best to reboot the router and did not simply disappear and also that it was less of a case of being misled regarding the choice of room as like I said it does usually receive a very good signal.
Apologies once more
Joseph Trice-Rolph

Reviewed 18 April 2010

A last minute delay and we were lucky to find a room at this Inn - or not. Room was cheap at £70, but we should have remembered - you get what you pay for. We had dinner at the hotel, and complained about one of main courses being so small - starter size - there were no apologies - and no one came to speak to us. We adjourned to our room to find the bathroom was dirty, we had the remnants of other guests drinks in the room. We were woken at midnight by the pacing of the upstairs guest and the noise of the television - which went on until 1.30 am. We were again woken at 4.47 am and 7 am by the footsteps of the guest upstairs - not the fault of the guest - the ceiling of the converted stableblock is obviously inadequate. Breakfast was good, but throughout the service was appalling. When the food was eventually placed in the buffet we had to run around looking for plates, the staff unattentive and surly. An experience to be missed. We have previously stayed at the `Manor Hotel in Moreton which is fantastic - go there!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
rob0304, Manager at Redesdale Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2010

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay, I would like to assure you that this is an iregularity and that the vast majority of our guests are very happy and return time and time again.
I apologise for the issues in the restaurant as our restaurant usually receives nothing but praise with a large folowing of regular diners.
As for you issues with staff I believe I know the person in question and they have since been removed and no longer works here.

Reviewed 13 April 2010

We booked this after reading reviews on this site and seeing it on laterooms. Had a fantastic spacious suite for £69.00 bed and and breakfast. Very nice hotel, fantastic rooms, excellent breakfast, friendly staff. Will definately go back, did not eat dinner at the hotel, but will try that next time.

Well worth a visit

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Im glad to hear you enjoyed you stay, your kind commentsmean alot to us and we hope to see you again in the future.