“Very nice historic hotel. Great exeprience.”

White Hart Royal Hotel
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had a family weekend in the Cotswolds and we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, they had already put a cot-bed in our room for our baby. The hotel has a lot of history and is well maintained/refurbished. Fairly comfortable rooms, very clean, and free wifi included. Given that it is 400 years old, the hotel is not well-suited for baby push-chairs but we could manage without that and very much enjoyed the experience. Will go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ADMNG
Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My partner and I stayed for a single night midweek at the White Hart Royal hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel room was excellent. We had booked the 'Hayloft' room, which was situated at the back of the site, away from any noise from the main road. The room had a lot of character (thanks to the exposed timber beams) yet was spacious enough for the two of us. The room was well equipped, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom clean and modern. The only minor issue we had was that there was no toiletries within the bathroom (aside from handwash), but this was presumably just an oversight. The restaurant was apparently recently refurbished, and was a lovely place to eat. We only had breakfast at the hotel, but there was a wide range of choice and the local food tasted excellent. The snug bar was also a great place to rest at the end of the day, with drinks available at a reasonable price. The hotel was well located, parking was relatively easy (not helped by us arriving during a busy market day) and there is a Tesco express and ASK restaurant situated very close by for those that need it.

Room Tip: The hayloft room is situated at the back of the hotel away from the main road, for those easily dist...
1  Thank JPBirmingham
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, one night in room 106 and one night in the Noir room, 106 was lovely and had a little sitting room and a very new bathroom I honestly couldn't fault it, but the Noir room was just beautiful, it's very new, spacious, really well done and the bath in the bedroom was just perfect and huge too, it was no problem switching rooms as house keeping do it for you.
The breakfast was great too, a continental with the option of ordering a cooked breakfast (no extra charge) and we had dinner on one of the nights, again the food was lovely and well priced, but there are also plenty of restaurants around we had a lovely meal at the spice rooms.
I think the hotel is very well priced and all the staff were very helpful and not just polite but nice too.

It's doubtful we'd go back to the Cotswolds soon but I'd recommend this hotel to everyone I know and they allow dogs :) it's perfect for a short break away, I'll definitely be looking up there other hotels.

Rose lovelock

Room Tip: I think you'd find any rooms lovely but if you can go with the Noir room or garden room (it look...
1  Thank Rajiv G
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We took advantage of the special rate for Sunday which included dinner, bed and breakfast, a bottle of wine and chocolates !! 23/06/2013, on our way on holiday. Every thing was first class from the large and spotless room to the eveing meal and breakfast,staff very very friendly. Beautiful Hotel, will definately be staying again and would recommend to anyone. My only wish was that we could have stayed another night.!!

1  Thank Lorraine G
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Adored my stay in the Orchard Garden room, a larger room with bed and sofa-bed plus a back garden in the stable block. Beautifully appointed room around back, totally quiet. Both of the dinners plus breakfast were wonderful. Great wait staff and desk staff. Wonderful memory of relaxing in bed with an open door to the garden, with birds chirping and cool, fresh air coming in. A very happy experience. For sure there are many people working hard when a place is this well-run. Hats off to them.

1  Thank kneasles
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were here for three days. The room we had was called the Stable room. We had a large room with a queen and a sofa bed, and a large private fenced yard ! A rarity. The bathroom was excellent with an enclosed shower and a great tub. Heated towel rack, It was quite spacious and extremely quiet other than the hundreds of local birds chirping ! A plus ! It is minutes from the train station, and in the middle of downtown. We had dinner twice here and it was A+ both times ! The Dinner I had of Liver and onions was superb ! But we also tried the burger, and Lamb pie, all excellent ! The staff is also in keeping with a five star location , helpful and friendly. And they seem to share jobs which is always a good thing I think. We loved it !!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jw550
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The restaurant was wonderful, best dinner and breakfast I think I've ever had in a hotel. The staff were spot on, effortlessly lovely, oh, but our room ...(it was a twin at the front of the hotel and probably the noisiest I've ever stayed in). The weather was muggy but we (myself and a lovely friend I hadn't seen in a long time) couldn't open the window because the noise from the traffic was just too disturbing and there was no air con in the small room. Our room faced the parking spaces, then the main road and roundabout with car park across the road. The bathroom was tiny with no window so no help there.
Beds comfy as can be but we just couldn't catch much sleep for the two nights we stayed. the music from the bar was quite loud too but did stop at eleven, which is fair for the weekend.
We asked for an upgrade but all rooms were, unfortunately taken. I wouldn't stay there again unless I could be guaranteed a room away from the noise but I'd certainly eat in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Bring heavy duty earplugs if in rooms facing main road near roundabout.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank cynthia222
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
The Slaughters Country Inn
0 mi away
Redesdale Arms Hotel
Redesdale Arms Hotel
#2 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh

Been to White Hart Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!