White Hart Royal Hotel
The Manor House Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$161
US$153
Travelocity
Redesdale Arms Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)(Great Value!)
US$149
Travelocity
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$212
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$142
US$137
Travelocity
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$93
Agoda.com
Charingworth Manor(Chipping Campden)
US$205
US$169
Travelocity
Noel Arms Hotel(Chipping Campden)
US$173
US$146
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,135 results
All reviewssnug barstable roomnoir roomsunday slumberking charles suitegarden roomle noirlovely hotelwet roomenjoyable staycoaching innshort breaktwo night stayhigh streetlots of charactersunday lunchboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We got off on the wrong foot when we checked in. The one person at the front desk was on the phone helping someone make a room reservation for some future visit. While I commend the staff person for staying on the phone a long time patiently answering the many questions the future guest had, not once did he make eye contact with us or indicate in any way that he acknowledged our presence and would be with us as soon as possible. And no other staff person came out to the front desk to assist. I was prepared to be really annoyed, but when he did finally get off the phone he apologized profusely for the delay and was very pleasant and welcoming. For the rest of my stay I often saw two staff people at the front desk, so why this one staff person was left on his own there at check in time on a busy Saturday holiday weekend with responsibility for making future reservations in addition to checking in new guests was beyond me. Luckily that was the only problem we encountered, and after that all was good. We had a room on an upper floor at the end of a very long corridor, which meant we didn't have other guests walking by our door. The room faced onto the main street, and with the hotel in the center of town we were concerned it would be noisy, but the staff person assured us the double glazed window would keep out the noise even with the holiday fun fair running just a short distance away. He was right, thank goodness, and we slept just fine. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine, and the breakfast was good. Breakfast included the usual buffet of cereal, fruit, yogurt, and breads, plus a hot cooked entrée. We were pretty impressed with the scrambled eggs topped with smoked salmon, because it was very tasty and beautifully presented. We had dinner in the hotel one night, and we thought the menu selection and the food were all very good. This is a good place to stay if you want to be right in the center of town so you can easily explore on foot. Just remember Moreton is a tourist destination and it was busy enough in early April that I'm sure it gets really busy when it's the summer tourist season.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

stopped off here on our way further down the map ,doesn't look that enticing from the outside but we sat in the bar and were served by a very friendly lady behind the counter we had a baguette with salad which was lovely and fresh and very good value, would certainlt recommend this place to eat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on an Amazon local deal. Room clean and bed comfortable. Dined in the first night-food was good and reasonably priced. Breakfast offers good range of cereals, fruit, bread, croissants and yogurts. The cooked full English breakfast wasn't great-undercooked sausage and flabby smoked bacon, I steered clear the second day and went for cereal & toast. Recommend a visit to Batsford Arboretum.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just back from a great weekend in the Cotswolds. Hotel was pretty good. Room was quite small and clean without being spotless. Few minor niggles like toilet not flushing properly but nothing bad enough to complain about. Our room overlooked a small courtyard so we thought it would be very quiet. Wrong. First night we were woken up at 4am by what sounded like people moving furniture about and then people smoking and talking in the courtyard. Second night was fine. Breakfast was OK, nothing special. The snug bar is nice and the small 'sitting rooms' are nice. Overall, not bad but for £110 a night I expect a bit more than 'ok'.

1  Thank richard s
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My friend and I had a lovely stay at the White Hart, all the people we had contact with were pleasant and effecient, the food was delicious!

My usual problem is a bad back, I have a memory foam mattress at home and usually find a hotel bed gives me a bad back no matter how comfy it seems...I didnt have a bad back at the White Hart!! There seemed to be a topper of some sort, I think it was a down one, I plan to call the hotel to find out...

Cant recommend this hotel highly enough.

We were using an Amazon Local voucher so it was great value for money.

15 out of 10!

Room Tip: the main road is a bit noisy if you want to leave your windows open so ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends