“Lovely place, very friendly staff”

White Hart Royal Hotel
“Lovely place, very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for four nights, It's a historic place with a great lounge to drink an ale. The staff was very friendly, and the two dinners we had were fine. It's in the middle of the town, with enough public parking places. A nice place to stay to visit the Cotswolds!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at White Hart Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your comment and I’m pleased you enjoyed the Cotswolds and your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
Duncan Craig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed recently for 1 night with my parents and the dog....was really looking forward to staying as I had read all the good reviews,and a lovely lady helped me choose what room would suit us.Firstly I must say our room was lovely the Evesham suite,but as for the food I cannot believe that all the good reviewers have eaten in the same hotel,.We waited 30minutes for our starter which was served with stale bread and the main course were cold and unappetising. The breakfast was awful I sent back mine to show the manager how any chef can send out food like we had is unbelievable.we were offered a discount on our food bill,but really I would rather have paid and enjoyed our food. Very disappointed, so in short the rooms are lovely but maybe eat somewhere else if you like to enjoy GOOD food.................

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank belley
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at White Hart Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your comments and I’m pleased that you enjoyed the room that we recommended for you, my receptionist remembers the booking very well and spending time talking through with you your requirements.
I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your dining experience; however I am a little confused as your review does contradict the conversation we had regarding your dining experience. Your main issue on the evening was that the food was too hot?
I’m so sorry that we weren’t able to match your exacting expectations but your comments have been noted and will be used to help us improve.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night whilst attending a wedding locally, I booked two rooms for our party of two couples. The booking process online was very easy, the hotel confirmed the two rooms I had booked a few days before arrival by email which was great. Upon arrival, we were warmly welcomed and shown to our rooms, one of which had been upgraded from the standard double to the Oxford Four Poster. Both rooms were very extremely comfortable and we slept very well. Breakfast was well organised and well cooked, and was served in a charmingly modernised period room. The whole experience was very positive and we had a lovely stay. I heartily recommend this hotel and thank the staff for making our stay enjoyable, and especially for inquiring how the wedding reception was.

1 Thank ph2769
Thank you very much for your comment. I was pleased that we were able to give you a free upgrade on this occasion and that you liked the room. I do remember your stay with us and we would love to have you back.

Haslemere, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here recently for three nights and could not fault anything. Excellent food for breakfast and dinner and efficient and attentive staff. The hotel was very central both for walking round the town and for visiting the best of the Cotswolds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan D
Thank you for your lovely comment and I’m pleased that you enjoyed both your stay with us and the food. We do share our Tripadvisor reviews with our hardworking and conscientious team who really do appreciate it when guests take the time and trouble to write reviews and it is especially pleasing when the feedback is so positive. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Popped to Moreton for Easter Sunday lunch food was great and the environment excellent, BUT service was slow not just for us as two couples on the tables either side also asked where their food was, not too busy so no excuse, young and very lovely waiting staff but their attention to the times and apologies about delays before you need to ask would save the embarrassment for staff. In short great food atmosphere but staff need to match the environment. Would I go agIn yes defiantly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at White Hart Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed your food and the Hotel. I do agree wholeheartedly with your comments on communication with our customers and will provide additional training on this. Apologies that on the day the kitchen team were slow with your order, I am pleased to hear that you would return, thank you.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Had Sunday lunch here. I rang a few days before to book, it seemed to take an age for the girl to book the table, constantly asking someone else everything I asked, annoying. Got there the restaurant was lovely, setting was nice and a nice atmosphere. It took a good 20 minutes for someone to take our order, the starters came within 10-15 mins and they were lovely, I asked for some bread for my daughter but this never turned up!!! But the biggest let down was it took an hour to then get our Sunday roast!!! In the main it was ok but 3 of us had the beef which all had a HUGE Bit of fat running straight through it, literally half of each slice!!! Not great. When asked if our meal was ok, I mentioned the lack of bread and the huge bit of fat in all of our meals but she just said "oh sorry"!!! No reflection in the bill at all for this, plus my Yorkie was burnt too :( lots of potential but they need to sort these issues for me to want to return.

1 Thank Kate T
I’m sorry that you did not fully enjoy your visit over Easter. We are currently training a new member of staff on reception and she wanted to check that she was giving all the correct information to you. Thank you for your comments about the service in the restaurant over lunch. The wait time between starters and main courses shouldn’t have been that long and I apologise for that. The joint of beef we serve is rib of beef, which does tend to be the fattiest roasting joint but equally the best and tastiest, however, I apologise if your beef was too fatty for you.

Brockham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We enjoyed a good meal in the Bar area which was warm and welcoming the staff were friendly although we did wait a while for our meal. Very impressed with the lounge areas. The menu was quite varied and they were some good specials on offer the atmosphere was good and the hotel was busy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at the White Hart Royal. We do have some great areas for guests to sit and enjoy their food and drink. The Easter Holiday was a busy time in Moreton in Marsh with lots of visitors basing themselves here to explore all the Cotswolds has to offer.

Duncan Craig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
The Manor House Hotel
Charingworth Manor
Charingworth Manor
#1 of 3 in Chipping Campden
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold

Been to White Hart Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!