“Perfect break! ”

White Hart Royal Hotel
Redditch, England
“Perfect break! ”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Noir room for a special treat on our wedding anniversary at the end of April. I can honestly say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The room was beautifully decorated, quiet, and clean and very relaxing. It was all the little personal touches that made this break even more lovely too e.g. a card in the room wishing happy anniversary etc.
The staff were also fantastic, everyone we encountered were very welcoming, helpful and friendly.
I've told all my friends and family they must stay at this hotel, I could not fault it one bit! I will definitely be returning here soon :-)
Mr & Mrs T
28.4.14

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gtills
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at White Hart Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you very much for posting such a lovely comment. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree it’s all about the detail, the little things can make all the difference. The Noir Room is a fantastic room and is one of a kind. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Duncan Craig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This isn't a cheap hotel and the general ambience is ok BUT it's all in the detail. For me the standard is mediocre, the bathroom OK but only OK and elsewhere is tired but presentable. One of my pet hates is lighting, especially for my hair and make up and here it is dire! Heaven only knows how anyone copes in the winter months! You would not be able to see a thing! Food in restaurant is good, staff are very nice but it was not the standard of rooms we had hoped for. We stayed 2 nights and they forgot the shower gel for day 3, hey ho!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at White Hart Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for the comment; I’m sorry that your room or experience wasn’t up to your expectations. We will look at the lighting levels in all the bed rooms and increase them where appropriate, I apologise that we failed to supply you with enough complementary toiletries, thank you for bringing this to my attention I will talk to housekeeping. I’m pleased that you enjoyed the food and the staff were helpful.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Super stay in the Stable feature room. Hotel in excellent location for touring Cotswolds. We went with friends and the hotel staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs. Would recommend. Thank you.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks you for the wonderful comment it’s always good for the team to read. The Stable rooms are fantastic rooms.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have just arrived home after staying in the lovely White Hart Royal Hotel for the weekend and I already want to come back! The staff were very friendly, and helpful in every way. We stayed in the Noir Room ( highly recommend), the decor was so beautiful and the GIANT tub was great ( there was even a remote where you can change the mood lighting). The bed was so comfy! My husband and I had two very restful nights sleep. In the bathroom they had 'The White Company' products which was a nice treat. Ok now on to the food in the restaurant. Breakfast was delicious, no matter what you choose. And as for Dinner..WOWWWW....I'm a New Yorker and my husband is British. We live in Essex ( just a little background), and I always complain I don't like British food. I take back my words after eating there. I don't like fish and chips but my husband ordered that for his main and I tried some, and all I can say is AMAZING. And I had this incredible starter of a BBQ pulled pork croquette which I will be dreaming about for a while. The Duck was lovely as well. We will definitely be staying here again in the future. It's perfectly situated smack dab in the middle of all the sights you want to see in the Cotswalds. Great base to stay in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the comments. It’s great as a Manager to read them and the Staff also follow Trip closely. It’s great that you appreciated all that we had to offer, we are all proud of the Hotel and the food and service that we offer. The Kitchen team were especially proud after reading your comments. The Cotswolds are always a great place to visit and offer so much to everyone.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed one night preceding niece's wedding locally. Fabulous single room 108 with large bathroom and spectacular sleigh bed with quirky wardrobe (looked like a coffin but in reality was a vintage travelling trunk). Reception staff friendly and helpful, public rooms beautifully presented. Great location with parking close by. Ate en famille in private dining room, delicious food delivered at a leisurely pace, giving plenty of time to chat. Had the belly pork (magnificent) and tasted another guest's partridge, will order myself another time. Large portions of very well cooked food. No disappointments at all. Top class hotel, would love to stay here again and have no hesitation in highly recommending.

Room Tip: Some double rooms snug and the differing floor levels inside and outside the rooms might be challeng...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol S
Thank you for the lovely comments. I’m especially pleased that you enjoyed the quirky room. The bed room may appear small but then bed is very comfortable. I’m pleased that you all enjoyed the food and took advantage of the private dinning that we now offer.
Look forward to welcoming you back to the White Hart again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for four nights, It's a historic place with a great lounge to drink an ale. The staff was very friendly, and the two dinners we had were fine. It's in the middle of the town, with enough public parking places. A nice place to stay to visit the Cotswolds!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comment and I’m pleased you enjoyed the Cotswolds and your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
london
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed recently for 1 night with my parents and the dog....was really looking forward to staying as I had read all the good reviews,and a lovely lady helped me choose what room would suit us.Firstly I must say our room was lovely the Evesham suite,but as for the food I cannot believe that all the good reviewers have eaten in the same hotel,.We waited 30minutes for our starter which was served with stale bread and the main course were cold and unappetising. The breakfast was awful I sent back mine to show the manager how any chef can send out food like we had is unbelievable.we were offered a discount on our food bill,but really I would rather have paid and enjoyed our food. Very disappointed, so in short the rooms are lovely but maybe eat somewhere else if you like to enjoy GOOD food.................

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank belley
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at White Hart Royal Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your comments and I’m pleased that you enjoyed the room that we recommended for you, my receptionist remembers the booking very well and spending time talking through with you your requirements.
I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your dining experience; however I am a little confused as your review does contradict the conversation we had regarding your dining experience. Your main issue on the evening was that the food was too hot?
I’m so sorry that we weren’t able to match your exacting expectations but your comments have been noted and will be used to help us improve.

Duncan Craig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moreton-in-Marsh
Redesdale Arms Hotel
The Lygon Arms
The Lygon Arms
#6 of 6 in Broadway
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold

Been to White Hart Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!