Redesdale Arms Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$183
Horse and Groom(Bourton-on-the-Hill)(Great Value!)
US$119
The Bell Inn(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$191
  • Breakfast included
The Manor House Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$328
US$296
Hotels.com
US$144
The Crown Hotel(Blockley)
  • Restaurant
2,194 results
All reviewssnug barstable roomnoir roomsunday slumberking charles suitegarden roomle noirlovely hotelwet roomcoaching innenjoyable stayshort breaktwo night stayhigh streetlots of charactersunday lunchfour poster
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having visited the White Hart on/off for the last year having only tried the food we decided to take the plunge and go for one of their deals. Using the Sunday slumber to encapsulate a week of travels. We could not have picked a better deal.

Starting with the room, we were put in 308 the Oxford suite, which has a four post bed and plenty of room to relax. The deal we picked included a three course sunday lunch. Normally we are not fans of having a Sunday roast out, as they often vary from mediocre to terrible. Whatever talent I so behind the other meals at this establishment clearly shows in the ample yet perfectly cooked meal. From starter to dessert, here is somewhere that know how to feed their guests when they arrive. If this is not impressive, the complimentary bottle of wine and selection of chocolates in our room enhanced our stay.

From service, to situation, from dining to delight we are already thinking about when we may return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MortimerLake
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our room - 103 - very small, seemed a bit too small for me, bed comfortable. The pillows weren't to my liking, but I should really just travel with my pillows at home, thin on their own, too thick with two together, but that's a personal thing. No air con, however provided a fan. Quite a weak fan in all honesty, but they gave us another when we asked.

We had a lovely breakfast, foodwise, this was however consumed in the midst of a staff dispute that was clearly heared coming from behind the reception desk, which I felt should have been dealt with away from customers. It was nothing major, but I didn't appreciate it happening near me as I ate.

Service on the whole was very good, the staff were very polite, friendly and helpful throughout.

A very nice building, but my three stars in this case is only attributed to our rather cramped quaters, and the afformentioned staff dispute during breakfast, without them taking it elsewhere. Otherwise, another room, if there are any larger offerings, would perhaps make for a very nice stay.

I would recomend the location to anyone interested in a few very individual shops, of which I noted two art shops/gallerys and two very nice antique shops, but otherwise it would ideally be part of a larger Cotswolds holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a large one
1  Thank DirkDiamond
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at White Hart Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your comments and I’m pleased that on the whole you enjoyed yourselves. We are a classic Coaching Inn with 500 years of history and our rooms are different shapes and sizes, yes unfortunately room 103 is a small double, but well appointed. All of our feature rooms do have Air conditioning, and for our classic rooms we provide fan in the summer.
I’m so sorry that you had to hear the discussion at Reception, the staff should have taken the discussion to another part of the Hotel or kept the noise down. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and the service.

Kind Regards
Duncan Craig

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here with my wife and we enjoyed our 2 nights.

The room was satisfactory (room 101) with the bathroom functional. We did sleep well but I suspect the alcohol may have had something to do with that.

Breakfast was an average affair with the usual cooked breakfast and cereals, nothing outstanding.

Yes the place is quaint but most certainly isn't worth the prices they are charging per night.

Pleasant, overworked, staff in an overcrowded village.

1  Thank sunseasandtequilla

Thank you for your comments. The Cotswolds is a favourite destination especially during the summer drawing in visitors from far and wide.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booked 3 ngts - stayed one. First impressions good, Soon found cold tap not working in bathroom-reported it, told someone would look into it,no-one came. Couldn't open window due to traffic noise -air conditioning very noisy.Dirt in shower tray after use - must have come from shower head. Toaster at breakfast faulty burnt one side of toast didn't toast the other side. Only thing tasty about breakfast was sausages which were off,consequently so were we!

Room Tip: book another hotel
3  Thank Steve M

Thank you for the comments, I’m sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. We keep the windows locked in that particular room as they open onto the pavement at the front of the Hotel. The sausages were certainly not off they are locally sourced so may have a different flavour than you are used to.

We did offer you to move rooms, plus we offered a complementary upgrade to a feature bedroom which all have air conditioning and are mainly situated at the back of the Hotel and are very quiet. You refused all our offers of help so I’m not sure what else we could have done for you. Once again I’m sorry that you felt you had to cut your break short.

Kind Regards
Duncan Craig

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This is a hotel with great history but we eat in the pub bar frequently. Menu is always good - lovely stylish serving - and very good value. Big meat menu and some good vege options like grilled Halloumi and roast veg salad. In winter the bar has a great open fire.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for the lovely comments I’m pleased that you enjoy the food that we cook and serve. We change the menu 3 times a year plus give specials to further enhance the offer. Look forward to seeing you again soon.