“Tasty!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My husband and I had a meal here during our stay in Moreton in Marsh. Best sausage and mash we've had in a long time. The 'Old Spot' Gloucestershire sausages were piping hot and very tasty, as was the mash with bacon & parsley. Very reasonably priced. We ate in a room just off the main bar with a lovely open fire, lovely!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Read reviews and decided to book a meal in the restaurant, was put out in the conservatory which was a shame as was expecting main restaurant, food was ok, but felt that i was in a cafe with a group booking for 12 which ruined the atmosphere, so when booking make sure you ask for the main restaurant.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I have eaten here on a number of occasions and I have to say each time the food has hit the spot. It is food that I would call quality pub grub at a good price. On all occasions the bar has been full with diners so it is a popuar place. I have had the mussels in white wine sauce-beautiful. I have had the homemade burger again very tasty,I have had a blt sandwich this was nice however I could taste the cheap margarine used so not so good.
I will continue to return to sit by the log fires with a meal and a nice drink.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

we enjoyed a really tasty meal and drinks here.Comfortable and friendly.

Reviewed 3 January 2009

Overall, my stay would have been fine if it was not for an unfortunate incident made worse by incompetent barstaff and management. A bar person decided to move our jackets and drinks from a table in the bar whilst we were outside having a cigarette to make way for other customers, even though we had planned to have a meal in the restaurant, and as they were not ready for us, they asked us to wait in the bar. Upon my return, I nearly had a heart attack when I realised that they were gone. I panicked as my jacket had my personal possessions in it. Other customers in the bar had to tell us where had been done with them. When I complained about this, I was offered no absolutely no apology for this, I still cannot believe that someone would move jackets and drinks, I would never dream of touching somebody's personal possessions. It was pretty obvious that we were sitting there. The staff including the manager were completely unapologetic and tried to make out that there was not a problem with what they had done, and indeed that there was no problem and I should just shut up and go and sit down. Not what I would call customer service.

1  Thank sazmazLondon
donna825, Owner/Manager at Redesdale Arms Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2009

We remember this incident very well as we can not still quite believe how the guest reacted.
As with all our restaurant guests we take an order in the lounge bar, whilst they are having a drink, then when the meal is ready we escort the guest into the restaurant.
On this occasion “the only time in ten years I have been here".
The guest did leave valuables and coats on a table in a very busy bar. We are situated in a town and are regularly very busy with non residents. When we went to escort the guest through, my waitress found the guest gone and with the valuables clearly on the table.
Yes we did move them into the restaurant for there own safety. As how would of the guest reacted if they had been stolen!! A while later (at least 5-10 minutes) the guest came to the bar complaining as to what we had done.
Yes, maybe I was a little unapologetic but bearing in mind how she reacted when we had actually helped her, I had little sympathy.
I mean, who would leave personal items unattended in a very busy town bar.