“Ver y relaxing lunch”
Review of The Coach & Horses - CLOSED

The Coach & Horses
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A 250yr old Cotswold stone building, beamed ceilings, stone floors up to raised original wooden flooring. Large beer garden that is child friendly and has a large climbing castle and double sand pits. Giant garden games can be borrowed for outdoor use. Indoor traditional Cotswold skittles alley, function room, dart board. Overflow car park. Very thoughtfully decorated, a home from home.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Past this little pub many times but never stopped. So glad we did, the staff were very courteous, and although we had light lunches, it was delicious. Very relaxing, clean and picturesque. Can't fault it

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Really great food in this lovely restaurant - make it part of your trip to the Cotswolds! I had the rainbow trout which was cooked to perfection and my partner had the battered fish which was lovely. Do go there!!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed at Windy Ridge B&B recently and were recommended to the Coach and Horses. Perfect venue for an evening meal so close to B&B. The food was delicious - excellent quality - I could the homemade pate at every meal, perfect portions and the staff extremely helpful and pleasant. It ticked all the boxes for us!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

En route back from the Isle of Wight we noticed the Coach and Horses just as dinner time approached, so took the opportunity to try it. We were not disappointed. There was a friendly welcome and, despite being busy, the staff found us a table. The menu looked inviting and the Specials board even more so.

The chicken liver paté was beautifully presented (served on a wooden board), swiftly delivered and tasted superb.
The main courses we chose were the belly pork, from the "standard" menu, and the pan fried venison from the Specials board.

The belly pork was delicious and was accompanied by dauphinoise potatoes and greens. The portion was more than enough which led to some of it being left - much to the eater's regret.

The venison was accompanied by a truffle flavoured risotto and baby carrots with a red wine jus. Having a friend who manages a herd a deer I am in the fortunate position of having tried quite a number of venison dishes over the years and I have to say that this meal is easily in the top five - way better than I expected.

Overall I was very impressed with our visit and have already agreed the location to my satnav's address list. Next time I hope to try footing in desert and hope that I can request a smaller portion in order to do so.

1  Thank Nik Z
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have just stayed at Windy Ridge B&B which is just a few minutes` walk away from The Coach and Horses. What a Bonus!!! John and Jane are the most wonderful hosts, plus their lovely waitresses. The food was super and we were made to feel so welcome. A pleasant garden and nice tables and decoration inside making it a perfect place to enjoy a lovely meal.