There are a lot of bad reviews on here, so was a little nervous about staying on New Year's Eve, especially when I saw our very small double room which only had a heater in it. We left the heater on whilst we were out for dinner, and once we came back the room was nice and warm.
We stayed in the Stanway room. There is no sound proofing at all, as I could clearly hear other guests next door just after arriving, but thank god I heard nothing again till just before we got up in the morning.
The room cost £85 which I think is a tad pricey considering it was a very small, double en suite. (I often stay at the Holiday Inn in Leicester, and that costs almost as much for a large executive room) but it was warm and comfy. It offered only the basics, not a great shower, but it was adequete.
There was a lovely atmosphere in the bar, and as my friend and I had wanted a quiet New Year, it was perfect, as there was enough people in there to make it feel nice without being overcrowded. We had breakfast in the morning. It is true it is not very well organised, but the service was quick, and the food good. I found all the staff to be very polite and friendly. I do think think The Bell needs some work done in terms of it rooms and organisation with breakfast, but it was good enough for one night,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considered by many to be Tolkeins inspiration for the "Prancing Pony" in Lord of the rings, the Bell Inn is a fine example of a traditional coaching Inn set in the historic Cotswolds. Having been taken over in June 2015, the pub and guest rooms are in safe hands and offer great service and quality accommodation. The pub offers meals a great selection of food, including lunches and evening meals which compliment the wide range of drinks including a selection of real ales. On a sunny day why not sit in the beer garden and soak up the sunshine in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your The Bell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bell Hotel Moreton-In-Marsh
- The Bell Inn Moreton-In-Marsh, Cotswolds