We stayed for two nights. The guy running the place was very pleasant.
Room was cosy when heat left on. Bathroom was small but adequate. Really pretty converted outhouse.
Bad points: The place smelled of mildew, stale water. No atmosphere in the bar at all. Place shut at 1030pm on Friday night and 11pm was last order on Sat night. Bar itself is lovely but it's like no one really cares for it.
I'd recommend spending a few quid more and staying somewhere nicer. General smell pervades the place which just isn't nice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considered by many to be Tolkeins inspiration for the "Prancing Pony" in Lord of the rings, the Bell Inn is a fine example of a traditional coaching Inn set in the historic Cotswolds. Having been taken over in June 2015, the pub and guest rooms are in safe hands and offer great service and quality accommodation. The pub offers meals a great selection of food, including lunches and evening meals which compliment the wide range of drinks including a selection of real ales. On a sunny day why not sit in the beer garden and soak up the sunshine in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., LateRooms, Agoda, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Bell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bell Hotel Moreton-In-Marsh
- The Bell Inn Moreton-In-Marsh, Cotswolds