“The Priory for those with time on their hands”
Review of The Priory Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Priory Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went to the Priory today for a. Late lunch. There was a nice blackboard announcing that customers should choose a table (out doors), sit down and the staff would take their order and serve them at the table. Unfortunately there was no time given for this relatively simple transaction to take place and whilst we waited I counted three parties who sat down, waited and then left without any sign of staff putting in an appearance. I put it down to lack of moral fibre! Mrs H eventually cracked and went inside to place our order so for those with an almost Buddist sense of patience this is the place for you.....good old British service at it's best

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were in Moreton waiting for an NT house to open, and noticed the daily specials. Went for the whitebait salad. Surprised at the portion size; didn't really need the side order of chips!
Only slight gripe was the price of a small glass of diet Coke (£1.95)
Otherwise excellent value for money.
Will definitely lunch there again when next in Moreton.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

It is set in a pleasant courtyard away from the noise of the traffic on the high street. Only had a cream tea but it was as good as I'd had anywhere else. The lady serving was lovely and I noticed her being particularly nice to and older gentleman. Recommended

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We were staying in Moreton in Marsh for a couple of days and each morning ate our full English here, it was superb, the sausage was quality & meaty and I dont usually like sausage, the rest of it was also quality and the price was much more reasonable than some of the places around the area. It was also very clean and the lady theat served us was very freindly we will definately be paying a visit to the priory again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Enjoyed a rather good lunch here today, much better than I expected. The food was well presented, extremely tasty and we thought good value. I would add that the staff were extremely pleasant and friendly to my elderly in laws and made there lunch highly enjoyable.