“Great cakes, friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victoria Coffee House

Victoria Coffee House
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great cakes, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I popped in with my mum on Saturday afternoon for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake. We didn't know where was the best place for a coffee but Victoria Coffee House looked lovely and it didn't disappoint. Mum's millionaire's shortbread was the nicest either of us have tasted and the Victoria sponge cake was really light, fluffy and tasty. The coffee was a little strong for my taste but mum really enjoyed it. We arrived not that long before closing time yet weren't hurried at all; the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I've already recommended it to friends who don't live too far away from Moreton.

Moreton is normally somewhere I pass through but I'll be making sure to stop for a quick visit to the Victoria Coffee House in future!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Wendls
Paula L, Owner at Victoria Coffee House, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your cakes and shortbread. We are proud of our products and its great to hear that you will be visiting us again in the future and that you have recommended us to friends, thank you - you will all be most welcome! Next time you come in, try one of our one shot coffee's...they are not as strong and are lovely as a latte or flat white, they are very popular for those customers who don't like strong coffee! Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Morton in Marsh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Really excellent coffee shop in Morton. I've tried all of them and this is definitely the best coffee, cakes and breakfasts.

American breakfast highly recommended, also excellent full English, of other delicious positions such as smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Always have my coffee long and black, and the coffee here leaves a great aftertaste.

One of the best coffee shops I've been in. Free internet, as well as free use of tablets with internet access. Daily Papers and magazines available to read.

Far better than the coffee shop chains. I've been in Morton for 3 weeks and used this daily for the last 2 weeks. Never a bad coffee, cake or meal.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank steve t
Paula L, Owner at Victoria Coffee House, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. It is wonderful to hear that we are meeting the expectations of our customers that we constantly strive for. I have passed on your comments to all of our staff and they are thrilled. Despite trying our best we don't always get it right! But it is lovely to have such positive feedback when we do. I do hope that when you are next in Moreton in Marsh you visit us again. Thank you for your custom.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Loved It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I went into the Victoria Coffee House a few weeks ago just because it looked the most inviting. We only wanted drinks, but ended up having cake as well because it looked so appetizing. It was on a market day, so it was a little busy, but the staff were very friendly and accommodating, our drinks and cake lovely and above all, the cleanliness of the place (including the toilets which is normally my pet peeve) was second to none. Based on my experience, I would recommend this coffee house.

2 Thank Kay H
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to us and hope that you will come again next time you are in our lovely town. Thank you for your custom.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A wait of 45 Minutes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We picked this café to visit from its reviews on Trip Advisor as we had never been to Moreton in Marsh before. We ordered at 12.38 an English breakfast and a bacon sandwich and our coffees arrived after 5 minutes. We drank those and sat and sat and sat waiting for our food. After 30 minutes I went and asked the girl behind the counter where our food was. I was told it would be another 10 minutes. We waited 15 minutes before it turned up .The bacon and the sausages had obviously been cooked ages ago and kept warm, the beans were cold.. The manager came out and spoke to us and offered a free drink and the excuse that they were busy and one member of staff down. They must always be busy on a Sunday in a tourist town in summer! I said I would write this on Trip advisor when she was best not pleased and said there was no reason for that. I explained that I write review good or bad when I am on Holiday. You can safely say we will never return to this place.

Paula L, Owner at Victoria Coffee House, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your review. Once again I apologise that your visit to us was not as you had anticipated and you were disappointed. As you are aware, I did try and rectify the situation by offering you free drinks accompanied by an apology, when your food arrived....however, what you fail to mention in your review, is that you were offered a full refund 20 minutes into your wait time when you first mentioned the wait to my waitress. You refused the refund and said you would wait and were made aware of the wait time at that point. If the wait time was such an issue for you, we would quite happily have cancelled your food order and fully refunded your money. Our coffee shop is incredibly popular, and we are particularly busy during weekends, and we pride ourselves on our customer service. We did everything possible to rectify the situation at the time, but we were unable to satisfy you unfortunately. Regarding your comments on the food served to you - I can assure you that everything that we serve to our customers is freshly prepared to order, and your bacon was most certainly not "kept warm".
Singapore, Singapore
“Absolutely fantastic coffee and High Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Absolutely wonderful coffee and high tea at the cafe. The walnut cake was great. The scones were fresh and the jam seemed homemade and lovely. The cafe is conveniently located on the high street and is very child friendly.
They have wifi which is excellent
Would love to go again

2 Thank MVy_13
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review....we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to us, and so pleased that you felt comfortable with your children in our coffee house. We always welcome children and have a menu that caters for them especially, as well as toys to keep them amused! I hope on your next visit to the Cotswolds you will visit us again! Thank you for your custom.