“Beautiful baguettes!”
Review of Cacao Bean

Cacao Bean
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Silke offers you a warm welcome to Cacao Bean - Konditorei/Cafe'(German Pastry Shop) in Moreton-in-Marsh in the Cotswolds, where almost everything is made in our busy pastry kitchen. We serve light lunches, like soup and filled rolls, toasted tea cakes, scones, a large variety of cakes, mini gateaux, biscuits, fruit bars etc... We also make cakes which are gluten free, dairy free, nut free and Vegan. Our Coffee and tea is fair-trade and our Hot Chocolate is made with real chocolate (our interactive salted Caramel goes down a treat) We love chocolate and offer truffles, chocolates, bars, seasonal chocolate figures (the cutest Easter bunnies, Eggs, Father Christmases etc... are all made here. Wedding and Celebration Cakes are made to order.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I usually pop in here for lunch when working around Moreton, which is quite often. Absolutely beautiful baguettes and gorgeous pastries and cakes. My favourite cake is a modern twist on Black Forest gateaux. Not sure what it's called but it's to die for (well maybe not quite) , but it is delicious!! Try it I'm sure you will like it.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a real find as not only good tea the beautiful cakes are made on site by a very talented team

Silke B, Owner at Cacao Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Many thanks for your positive review

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I visited Morton in Marsh with my parents as we had a couple of days away in The Cotswolds.

It was just gone 4.00 and I found myself in need of something to eat. A lot of the places we visited, said they had stopped serving food so we carried on our search and came across the Cacao Bean.

The first thing I noticed was the beautiful yet modern decor. A mix of browns with a hint of orange gave a warm welcoming as we entered the shop. The menu was basic for savoury food but there was a large array of cakes in the shop. We were told that The lady who owns it was German and has a great passion for baking cakes and other goodies, she even made her own chocolate (which was to die for).

I decided to have a tuna mayonnaise ciabatta which cost £4.60. A very reasonable price considering the size of it. I definitely left feeling full. I couldn't leave without having something sweet! My dad treated me to a dark chocolate and raspberry truffle and although it was gone quickly it was absolutely amazing.

I really enjoyed the short time we spent at the cacao bean, the staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was great. When we next return to the Cotswolds, we will be visiting again!!!

1  Thank xhattiex
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Silke's establishment is charming, as are her and her staff. Most people I know will automatically head to Cacao Bean for a special occasion cake, the trouble that's taken over your order, let alone a true café experience. Sorry, complainers (few, you may note) .. very-sweet-looking cakes are exactly that (One can simply avoid choosing them ! )

1  Thank AD5362
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were shopping locally in Moreton in Marsh, and decided to pop in for a Saturday morning treat of cake and coffee. It was wonderful. The service was excellent and good value for money.

1  Thank Marian W