“Beware NOT DOG FRIENDLY!”

Marshmallow tearoom & restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A traditional English tea room and restaurant in a Cotswold market town,. Serving lovely fresh hot and cold food afternoon cream tea and high teas all day. Open daily and Wednesday through to Saturday evenings for dinner.
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Asked to move to a table outside , on a wet day , when we visited with a tiny toy poodle the cafe was empty at the time! Appalling in view of the fact that they have a sign on the door saying they are dog friendly !
Take the sign down ! It's got to be offending the trade description act there is Nothing friendly about this place !!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

In Moreton for my partner's visit to herhairdresser, we stopped for tea, coffee, and (in the event) cheese scones with red onion jam. The coffee came in a heat-retaining cafetière, and was enough for a cup and a half (black); the pot of tea was beautifully presented, leaf (not the dreaded teabags), and was served with a finger of shortbread. The scones were homemade, light and fluffy, cheesy, with a generous amount of butter, and a small pot of very tasty red onion jam. I'd recommend the Marshmallow to anyone spending time in Moreton in Marsh; we'll definitely be returning next time my partner has her head done.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had tea here. Excellent choice. Scones were home made and lovely as was baguette and ham salad the others had. Amazing ham and very generous portions. Fabulous choice of teas all beautifully served with silver and fine china.

2  Thank JuliaSmart
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was excited to try this spot because it looked so cute from the outside; I only had one day to myself in England and was looking forward to a special tea experience. When I entered, I noticed a hand-written sign stating that they could only accept cash because the machine was down. As I looked around the entry area, an employee came over and stood by, confirming that they could only take cash. I did not feel as much welcomed as watched, as though I were trespassing. However, the menu sounded good and the decor was cute, so I went down the street to get cash and returned to eat.

After a short wait, I was greeted, given a menu and taken outside, where there was a couple already seated. They were served a few items by a server who never looked over at me. After at least 10 minutes, I asked the couple at the table if I had to go in to order; they said the waitress had come out to them. A few minutes later, a family of five was brought out to the patio, as well. The employee who seated them made eye contact with me and walked right past. No one had yet come to my table to take my order. After another 10 minutes or more, one of the people in the newly-seated party started looking around for a server. She got up, went inside, and asked if someone could take their order. The waitress came out, walked right past me again, and took their order, turning around and walking inside without so much as an acknowledgement. It wasn't that she didn't see me; she walked right past me.

At that point, the couple at the table were giving me a very sympathetic look and I was near tears. I gathered my things and left without anyone noticing. To this day, I do not know if it was just extremely poor service or an intentional slight. Regardless, it was a very sad end to my otherwise nice day in Moreton-in-Marsh.

2  Thank TravelerBobby
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Delightful place, cosy and nicely decorated. Staff very accommodating. Typical, but not exciting menu. 'Small' coffees are small. Tuna baguette was very heavy in mayonnaise, and the 'salad' with it was a slice of tomato, a bit of water cress and a piece of cucumber. Very unappetising. My wife's baked potato wasn't bad, but again the 'salad' was. In these days of coffee shops on every corner, food needs to be a bit more inspired. How about some carrot, corn, avocado, grapes, crisps, different kind of leaves...The menu tells us the owner once served the Queen somewhere. This should be more prominently displayed, because as a republican I wouldn't have gone in! Joking apart I wish the Marshmallow well.