See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Lovely 17th century former farmhouse in the beautiful village of Painswick. Phillipa who runs it is fabulous (friendly, helpful, always willing to help) and the breakfast wonderful. We just did part of the Cotswold Way and this is a good stop. There's a good pub in town and the village is lovely, worthy of many photos.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JFBIvyland
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I was a solo walker doing The Cotswold Way over 8 days. Specific plans had me replenishing funds in Painswick but the only cash machine would not accept my card. Phillipa surprised me on the morning of my departure by driving me into Stroud to use a cash machine there. I feel that was way beyond expectations and greatly appreciated this gracious hostess who had also acquired a reservation the night before in an excellent bistro.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Barry291
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Phillipa gave me a very warm welcome when I arrived, immediately offering my something to drink when I arrived (which was only the case in 4 out of 13 accoms I had during my holiday and I think it is the small things that make you feel comfortable). The room was very nice, more than enough space for me and the bathroom had a bathing tube and a shower and was absolutely clean. Breakfast was lovely and I was offered to take some fruit on the way as well if I liked.
I felt very comfortable at Ashton House and can just recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Iris P
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We were walking the Cotswalds and had a 1 night stay here during our 8 day trip.
Phillipa was the most welcoming of all the B&B owners. Eventhough she was going out the door when we arrived, she made some tea, offered to put some of our laundry in the wash she was doing and gave us info on where to eat, etc in Painswick.The home itself is 400 years old and beautifully done. The twin we had was lovely. Roomy with good amenities. Privacy. Breakfast was wonderful. Painswick is a lovely town as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank 65AroundTheWorld
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We had a one nights stay at Ashton House, and despite a bit of confusion on what time we were supposed to have arrived, we were made to feel very welcome with tea and cakes in the lovely garden. Breakfast was delicious and the large open fire was lit on our wet Sunday morning which was lovely.
A week later after we had left I realised that I had left an expensive running watch in our room. It was put in the post very promptly and my offer to pay postage and packing wasn't taken up - that's what you call customer service. Thank you Philippa!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends