“Venue Perfection! Could not have been better...”

Review of Barncastle

Gorgeous Views of the Painswick Valley from the Barn.
Stunning View of the Barn as you enter the driveway. First floor lounge room with wood burner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Gorgeous Views of the Painswick Valley from the Barn.
Stunning View of the Barn as you enter the driveway.
First floor lounge room with wood burner
Dining room with patio doors leading to garden
Bedroom with en-suite
View of the garden
Front view of Barncastle
Downstairs bathroom
Front view of Barncastle
Garden view
View across the fields to Pitchcombe church
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Myfaveisp...
London, United Kingdom
“Venue Perfection! Could not have been better...”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in August 2018

I booked Barncastle and Barncottage for my best friends hen do. Val was extremely helpful and patient answering all my many questions when booking and provided me with some local attractions, amenities and ideas.
My whole party of 13 ladies were all absolutely blown away by the place. It is stunning, beautifully decorated and set-out, clean and equipped with everything you could need. The many little touches, such as the cake and Prosecco were very well received and the kitchen and living areas were perfect for our needs. The outdoor space is a fantastic addition and the BBQ's provided and large outdoor table were well used. It was lovely to meet Val in person when she came and joined us for a glass of wine on the Sunday evening, and I have no hesitation in recommending this venue to anyone else. If you are looking for excellent accommodation in a truly gorgeous part of the country then this is your place. Thanks Val for helping make the weekend such a special one for a lovely group of ladies. x

8 Aug 2018
Hi Clare thank you for such a fantastic review. i am glad you all had a wonderful weekend at Barncastle. From the description of your activities both at Barncastle and locally the three days sounded a great success. I am so grateful you found time to write such a glowing review and I look forward to seeing you all again in the future back at Barncastle. Val King
61jan
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful House”
Reviewed 2 weeks ago for a stay in July 2018

We have just spent a wonderful long weekend at Barncastle celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary with the family. Barncastle is a truly beautiful house with so much space for 10 people and everyone is provided for.A superb Victoria sponge, homemade marmalade, milk, Apple juice, prosecco and fresh flowers were waiting for us on our arrival. The Grandchildren loved the house and they had their own sitting area with tv, books and dvds. They enjoyed playing indoors and outside in the lovely big garden.we were so lucky with the weather and sat outside in the evenings admiring the beautiful views across the fields. It has to be the most fabulous holiday home we have ever stayed in and hope to go back again soon as we couldn't fault it. Thank you Val for making our special anniversary a time to always remember with providing us with such a fantastic place to celebrate called Barncastle.

29 Jul 2018
Dear Jan, Thank you for your lovely review. As I have told so many guests Barncastle was once an old cattle shed once owned by my Grandfather. I am so proud that so many people come and have a wonderful holiday at Barncastle it is a very special place. I have so much pleasure in trying to make our guests have a special and memorable holiday. Again thank you for your lovely words and for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future back at Barncastle.
jenniferb...
Preston, United Kingdom
“Superb cottage with everything you need and more!”
Reviewed 24 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Barncottage is very convenient for the Cotswolds and has beautiful views over the valley.
My daughter and I had a lovely week and were delighted with all the unexpected extras -- the Prosecco, marmalade, cake, milk etc., the list goes on. We were really comfortable and felt at home.
Val was really helpful and found some maps for us which were great for our walks.
She even let us look in Barncastle and we will certainly be recommending both venues and hope to be back soon!

26 Jun 2018
Thank you for your lovely review and I'm especially glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I love meeting our guests who many come time and time again. The weather has been wonderful this month and i'm especially glad you were able to enjoy the fabulous walks we have locally.
janet_wil...
Launceston, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 11 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We were a group of 8 celebrating 2 birthdays and booked Barncastle for the May Day Bank Holiday weekend. The whole weekend was superb. Barncastle itself is a lovely house, with everyone provided, including the things like washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, shower gel, face clothes, hairdryers and many other essentials that other self catering properties do not seem to provide. There was a beautiful Victoria sponge waiting for us, along with a jar of home made marmalade, milk, local apple juice, tea, coffee, sugar and a lovely bottle of Prosecco in the fridge. Everything was great, including the weather, which was wall to wall sunshine all weekend. There were also sunloungers and cushions provided and a very well stocked kitchen with crockery, cutlery etc. Nothing had been forgotten. I cannot recommend this house enough. We have stayed in many properties over the years and this is by far the best any of us have ever stayed in. We hope to be back sometime.

17 May 2018
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your birthday celebrations at Barncastle. It is very important that every guest has an enjoyable experience whilst staying at Barncastle. As you are probably aware it is where I grew up and I hold very dear my own memories. We will continue to keep Barncastle to a very high standard and we hope you will return in the future. Many thanks Val King
RachelOS
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“Wonderful memories ”
Reviewed 23 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

What an amazing time we have just had at Barncastle! Accommodation is outstanding, so spacious. Plenty of living space for 8 adults and 2 children.
Lots of outdoor space, barbecues, picnic equipment and delightful personal touches like fresh flowers and homemade cake! Too many lovely touches to mention.
Hoping for a return trip next year!
Faultless!

29 Apr 2018
Thank you for your lovely review regarding your stay. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Barncastle and that you wish to return. We try very hard to keep Barncastle a very special holiday cottage for our guests to enjoy. Val King
ADailey
London
“Amazing weekend ”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Wow! What a place. Stunningly refurbished old barn. Sympathetically restored.
All mod cons, 5 double bedrooms. 4 bathrooms, two with baths.
Beautiful living space, log burners, with logs provided for 1-2 days. Just to warm the cockles after a long walk.
Thank you so much for the homemade Victoria sponge, and marmalade. Really yummy. Took some home for my kids, loved it.

Real treat to be there with my girlfriends, just enjoyed each other’s company.

Thank you so much. Will be back

Hayley B
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed here as a family with grandparents to grandchildren, 10 in total. Barncastle was faultless. There was plenty of space, with no one feeling crowded or on top of each other. We had many plans to go but the children wanted to stay in the 'holiday house' and play in the garden! Communication was excellent, the extras were faultless and everything had been thought of. A wonderful time with lots of memories made, thank you.

Your age range 35-49
9 Jun 2017
Dear Hayley, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and thank you again for all the lovely things you have said. I am so pleased you all enjoyed your stay at Barncastle. Three generations together - I am glad the grandparents and your children all had a great time and enjoyed their stay. We always try to make it as special as we possibly can for every guest who stays at Barncastle and we look forward to possibly seeing you again. Many thanks Val King
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing