34 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
US$122
View deal
eDreamsUS$122
Agoda.comUS$122
TripadvisorUS$122
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews breakfast was amazing thought of everything preserves attention to detail comfortable bed place to stay feel very welcome each morning my partner toiletries cottage landlady village accommodation england pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2019

My partner and I went to stay for a couple of nights visiting my mother and coupling it with a short visit to painswick. Troy house is beautiful and immaculately kept. The room was spacious and came with some toiletries, drinks in the fridge and of course, tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities. The landlady was very welcoming, kind, ever so helpful and generous. She gave us a couple of copies of the painswick beacon and even offered to give us some audio books and drive us to the hospital to give them to my mother.
Breakfast is huge and delicious and made in house. I works definitely recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay at any time of the year.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
denise n, Owner at Troy House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2020

What a lovely review many thanks was so lovely to have you stay with us and we do hope your mother is keeping well. Thank you for such lovely comments. Take care and hope to see you again

Reviewed 26 October 2019

There are few occasions, when I find it necessary, or indeed have the inclination to do something like this. Simply, I don’t write reviews, I don’t have the time. Having stayed at Troy House, last week, run by Alan and Denise, in the idyllic, quintessential Cotswold village of Painswick I feel I should. Simply the most friendly, squeaky clean and stylish bolt holt, for walking, or visiting. Delicious breakfasts to boot. When someone bends over backwards to make sure that you are so comfortable, they deserve a glowing feed back. - I cannot recommend highly enough - I stayed in their self contained cottage ‘The Annexe’ - Heaven!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
denise n, Owner at Troy House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2020

What a remarkable review we thank you kindly and really like the title home from home. We try our best to ensure everyone's happiness and comfort at Troy house and we are so pleased you had such a lovely stay. Take care

Reviewed 15 October 2019

Would thoroughly recommend this B&B when visiting Painswick. Friendly warm welcome and a lovely comfortable room that has obviously had a great deal of thought put in to deliver everything a traveller needs.
Also delicious breakfast served.

Trip type: Travelled solo
denise n, Owner at Troy House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2020

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review we are so pleased you had a nice stay with us and that you found the breakfast delicious. Hope to see you again

Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

Booked a one night stay en route to Devon. Found the greeting a bit odd, very jokey and a bit unprofessional. Slept in the annex which is very bijou and has no hanging space for longer clothes. Stairs up to the bedroom are very steep and narrow and lead off the kitchen (we were warned beforehand about the low headroom on the stairs). I did find it odd that this arrangement had passed planning as I think it is potentially a fire hazard as the only way out of the upstairs is through the kitchen which is the source of many domestic fires.
We found the bed rather hard, personal choice of course, but when we were asked if we'd slept well and mentioned this the owner was most put out. Well you did ask!
Breakfast was good and mega portions if you wanted the full works but service was rather perfunctory after our comment about the bed.
Parking is very limited and tight.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wanderer2011_11
denise n, Owner at Troy House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2020

Many thanks for your review. We take all feedback on board and can only apologise you found the service perfunctory. Hope you are well.

Reviewed 29 September 2019

We had a great stay here with Denise. She was a terrific host and the rooms had so many little nice touches we felt it was one of our favourites. The mini bar was great and the only place that offered it. The garden was nice to sit in and our room was close to it. Breakfast was super and we felt right at home all the time.

Room tip: The one by garden. Our fiends at the annex and also liked it as had a kitchen and washer.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank kathy76Goderich
denise n, Owner at Troy House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2020

Many thanks for such a wonderful review and thank you for complementing our garden and in room extras things we take pride in. So pleased you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again.