“BEST COFFEE SHOP FOR MILES AROUND”

New England Coffee House
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We roast all our own beans on site, and we are passionate about the coffees, teas, milkshakes, smoothies, hot chocolates and cakes that we sell. We don't serve food as such, but feel free to bring in your own sandwich, we don't mind at all. Good dogs always welcome....
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Although we are from Yorkshire we spend a lot of time in this area and when we visit Stow this is the only place we go for coffee. It is a great place serving great coffee. There is a wipe board on the first floor where people write their comments. Never seen a bad one and this is used by people world wide. Great atmosphere, great people. The guy who owns the place(his good lady wife may disagree with this) does the best Irish Whiskey I have ever had. When in Stow go there!!

David C, Owner at New England Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Good morning Madeline

Thank you very much for your review...I haven't dared tell Alison I make a better Irish Coffee than her.....funny how I excel when alcohol's involved!

See you soon I hope

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am a coffee snob - I admit it - and would rather go without than drink the likes of Starbucks etc. I visited with my children 8 & 5 and they were well catered for with a hot chocolate to share. The staff delivered the drinks to us as we relaxed on our comfortable sofas. With a choice of cosy rooms to suit your coffee drinking mood - decked out like shabby chic living rooms, I found the atmosphere calm relaxing and quite unique. The coffee was the best I have ever had - really smooth full of flavour and rounded with absolutely no bitterness. I eagerly returned the next day for another coffee and it didn't disappoint. Now each morning I find myself weighing up whether the 2 hour drive to Stow would be worth it for a coffee! It just might be!!

Good morning Yvonne

Wow what a fantastic review! Thanks ever so much for taking the time...

Ali, Dave and the team

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first visit to NECH on a rare visit to Stow. Having wandered around the lovely village, keeping a half eye open for somewhere for coffee, we spotted NECH and thought we would give it a try.

We are glad we did, 2 very good coffees, my wife was especially pleased as her cup was not too large, as is often the case and the cakes were scrummy.

The layout is also quirky, with a number of rooms with an eclectic mix of furniture to choose from.

Charlie

Thanks for you kind review, hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was just by chance we happened upon this wonderful Coffee House... but so pleased we did! The best coffee and hot chocolate we have ever had! I would also recommend the flapjack! The atmosphere, surroundings and service were excellent. It is a shame that we were on a bit of a rush because we could have stayed all afternoon! Would highly recommend this coffee house and a big thank you to the team.

David C, Owner at New England Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Good morning

Thanks a lot for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to write it. You're not too far away so please call again and spend a bit longer with us!

Ali, Dave and the team

Reviewed 29 May 2014

If are used to the flavourless offerings of various coffee chains then I suggest you visit this business to (a) discover what real coffee tastes like, or (b) rediscover what you have been missing.
The World does not owe independent high street businesses an existence; this business has won its place by simply providing a far superior product at prices which put the chains to shame.
Do visit and do support them.

1  Thank Chris R

Chris

Got to say I really enjoyed reading your review of our place. Thank you very much.

Hopefully we'll see you again next time you're up this way