My husband and I had the grandparents watching the kids, while we spent one night at Number Four at Stow. We loved the look of the hotel from the outside and were happy to see the modern decor on the inside. The room was pure luxury. We melted into the bed, which had high thread count sheets, fluffy down pillows and down duvets as well as a foam mattress topper. So comfortable! There was a large flat screen TV on the wall. The fridge had complimentary bottled water. The bathroom was nice, and included a really great shower with high water pressure. The towels were even nice!
We ate dinner at the restaurant, which was lovely. The service is top-notch. They really seemed to care about our happiness and wanted to get to know us. The food was delicious and presented beautifully.
We had a little trouble getting to and from the train station in Moreton. When we arrived, it took us about 30 minutes to get a taxi. On the day we were leaving, one of the Number Four staff tried unsuccessfully to get us a taxi, and ended up driving us to the train station themselves. They acted like the lack of taxis was a rare occurrence. We were happy that they went out of their way to help us.
It's settled into a little valley, just outside of Stow. If you don't have a car, it is a little bit of a challenging walk into town. I think older people would be winded, as you have to walk up a long steep hill to get to Stow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-owned and run boutique country house hotel in Stow on the Wold, in the heart of the Cotswolds. The hotel offers 13 stylish bedrooms and 5 elegant two-room suites/family rooms and a relaxing and cosy lounge and bar. There is a large secure car park which is free for guests. In Cutler's at Number Four, our intimate restaurant, chef Brian Cutler offers good simple and tasty food using the best of local and seasonal produce. A small but flexible function room can seat up to 40 for meetings or private dining. The entire hotel is fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi is free and available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Number 4 At Stow
- Number Four At Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Number Four At Stow And Cutler's Restaurant Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds