My friend and I booked a two night stay at this fantastic hotel having scoured Trip Advisor for suitable accommodation for our first trip to the Cotswolds.
It is a family owned and run hotel that is decorated to a high standard. Attention to detail and personal service was impeccable. The hotel is well placed in the North Cotswolds and there are plenty of beautiful landmarks to visit within a relatively short drive - Daylesford (Organic Farm and Spa), Blenheim Palace and the beautiful Arboretum at Tetbury. We would highly recommend Cutler's Restaurant! We sampled the fayre that this restaurant offers on our first evening's stay... It was that good we booked for our second night! It was lovely to be able to dine and then potter off to our room!! Excellent food at reasonable prices. The service was noteworthy and a chat with Mr. Brian Cutler - Chef - himself was delightful.
Other reviews have commented on the location of the hotel and possible concerns of road noise. Be reassured that all of the rooms are located towards the rear of the hotel with beautiful views over rural landscapes. The main road runs alongside the restaurant and road noise was not an issue at all during our evening meals. Noted a little at breakfast but hardly worth a mention and certainly did not detract from the gorgeous choice of continental or cooked breakfast.
Plenty of parking. Excellent service. Particular mentions to Ann and Mark. Nothing was too much trouble (Mark's wine recommendations were excellent)! Malbec Mmmmmm.
A further visit to the Cotswolds would mean that we would not have to think twice about our choice of accommodation.
Thank you for your hospitality :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-owned and run boutique country house hotel in Stow on the Wold, in the heart of the Cotswolds. The hotel offers 13 stylish bedrooms and 5 elegant two-room suites/family rooms and a relaxing and cosy lounge and bar. There is a large secure car park which is free for guests. In Cutler's at Number Four, our intimate restaurant, chef Brian Cutler offers good simple and tasty food using the best of local and seasonal produce. A small but flexible function room can seat up to 40 for meetings or private dining. The entire hotel is fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi is free and available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Number 4 At Stow
- Number Four At Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Number Four At Stow And Cutler's Restaurant Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds