Stayed here for just one night in February as a prelude to a day in Oxford. To be honest, it is difficult to know what more could be asked for in a hotel. Reception was fast and efficient, and the room was both spotlessly clean and stylish. We arrived just before 8 PM, but nothing was too much bother and an excellent dinner was laid on in the restaurant. The hotel was seemingly quite quiet during our stay, but the staff were very attentive both in the hotel and the restaurant. The breakfast next morning was also a real treat. Superbly cooked, locally sourced and utterly delicious!
I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Over the last few years, we have probably stayed here 4-5 times either as a base to explore the Cotswolds or a stopping point before Oxford (which is only about a 25 minute drive away). It serves both perfectly. Staff are brilliantly trained and the management seemed genuinely keen to find out what is going on in our lives and to help/suggest whenever they can. Hopefully it will not be long before we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique country house hotel in Stow on the Wold, in the heart of the Cotswolds. The hotel offers 13 stylish bedrooms and 5 elegant two-room suites/family rooms and a relaxing and cosy lounge and bar. There is a large secure car park which is free for guests. A small but flexible function room can seat up to 40 for meetings or private dining. The entire hotel is fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi is free and available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Number 4 At Stow
- Number Four At Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Number Four At Stow Hotel & Restaurant Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds