We stayed at Number Four for one night on our way to a wedding further west. It served this purpose very well: convenient, efficient and comfortable. However, if you're looking for a snug, traditional Cotswolds hideaway for a romantic weekend, this probably isn't the place for you; it is firmly at the bright and modern end of things. Service was excellent - friendly, welcoming and helpful. The whole place has just been refurbished and is spotless: there is a distinctly teutonic air that I found charming.
We were given a complementary upgrade to a suite on our arrival - all hotels should do this when possible, it makes such a great impression right from the start, putting your guest in a good mood, and if the room isn't sold by 8pm you really might as well. Dinner was good, the wine list excellent and fairly priced, though the service and atmosphere in the dining room was just a touch formal for my taste, but that's a minor quibble.
The room was good, with a nice large walk-in wardrobe and large bathroom; we even had a bit of a view from our skylights. The room was also very quiet despite the hotel's location at a busy junction, though only if we kept the windows shut. This meant we ended up switching on the air conditioning for a bit. I slept well, though the bed was a little hard.
Overall Number Four really cannot be faulted despite my small quibbles - it achieves everything it sets out to and exceeded our expectations. We paid £190 for dinner, bed and breakfast for two - a very fair price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique country house hotel in Stow on the Wold, in the heart of the Cotswolds. The hotel offers 13 stylish bedrooms and 5 elegant two-room suites/family rooms and a relaxing and cosy lounge and bar. There is a large secure car park which is free for guests. A small but flexible function room can seat up to 40 for meetings or private dining. The entire hotel is fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi is free and available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Number 4 At Stow
- Number Four At Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Number Four At Stow Hotel & Restaurant Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds