“Lovely location”

Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with 2 other couples using Travelzoo vouchers. The views from the hotel are lovely and it is in a great place for exploring the Cotswolds. We did one walk from the hotel to Bourdon on the Water. Room was large, but the bathroom did show signs of wear. Evening meal was excellent, and the chefs soup taster was a nice touch. The voucher did include a free drink, but we had to ask for this this on our second night. Breakfast was excellent, with a good choice. One of our lights wasn't working and we asked reception to have a look at this in the morning, but we did have to remind them again about this in the evening, as it hadn't been mended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night using a Travelzoo voucher. Overnight stay included 3 course dinner, breakfast and glass of sparkly wine on arrival.

Lovely location, really in the countryside. Not sure how accessible it would be if you don't have a car!

Room was nice,clean and big lounge area and bedroom area. Bathroom with bath and shower was clean and had the normal bits such as shampoo and shower gel.

Dinner was tasty and menu is clear about what you're entitled to. Staff are a bit mumbly- couldn't really understand their accent at times. Cheapest wine is £22 a bottle so hasten to say we didn't drink much.

Bar is a small room and the barman floats in and out which us quite frustrating when you want a top up.

Reception staff were accommodating and friendly.

Overall this was a pleasant stay but I'd probably choose to stay somewhere cheaper (accommodation and drink wise) and closer to a town with sights.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Arrived at Hotel and booked in. The staff pointed out the way to our room in The Orangery, no offer of help with luggage. the room looked Ok at first but was showing signs of general wear and tear, broken pane of glass, shower cubicle grubby. My main negative comment is the temperature in the room, despite all radiators being turned off the heat was very uncomfortable. We didn't want to sleep with the windows open due to traffic noise and also the Gypsy Fair being held nearby (security on gate did reassure us a bit). There was no central light in the room which made it quite dark, and also no socket by the mirror for drying hair. To use the kettle you have to use the socket near to floor...a bit dangerous when having to lift up full of boiling water.
However the evening meal in the restaurant was fantastic, service was great and the small taster of the chefs Mushroom soup was a great idea.
Breakfast was also to a high standard with plenty of choice to suit every taste.

Room Tip: We were in Room 48 in the orangery. Does have outside patio area if staying in the summer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The room on the lower ground floor was spacious with a great view. Check in was smooth and easy.

The toilet did only have one loo roll which almost became a problem at the of our stay.

The wife had a massage in the Spa which was OK - she says it was nice enough and average.

Restaurant was average but will do a separate review for that.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was invited to a party in one of the private dining rooms looking out to patio and the surrounding countryside, which was beautiful....great for around 20 people. The most delicious afternoon tea ...freshly baked scones and cakes ect which believe it or not can be hard to find. The whole afternoon was perfect, great company (of course) location, food, service and atmosphere..... They also have a great spa which ive booked into as highly recommended and cant wait.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HighwayInn1
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My new wife and I had our wedding at Wyck Hill House.

We had 90 guests and had been planning it for 18 months. The hotel was impressive from start to finish and we loved the entire process. On the day itself, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We, and our guests, were on personal terms with all bar staff through out the night and when the tequila ran out...it was not long before some more had been obtained!

Our guests commented on how wonderful the food was and how amazing the rooms were. Especaily the rooms in the Orangery section of the hotel. We also loved the feature rooms in the hotel (23,24,25 etc) and the honeymoon suite was huge with a spa bath.

The coordination staff were amazing on the day and in the months before. The location is perfect and to be honest, for a wedding this size it was not bad value!

Overall it was fantastic and gave us amazing memories. If you are looking at Wyck Hill for your wedding, I'd advise you to book it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Copy of email sent to Wyck house in attempt to book a room I feel this speaks for itself-

I am writing this email to show my disappointment at your policy to make a simple task of sending a confirmation email for a booking I attempted to make with yourselves.
Originally I booked for a short 2 day break, asking at the time if you had any special offers, only to be told “No, for 2 days bed & breakfast will be £230” of which I booked. I then looked on your Web site and noticed a special offer as below -
Special Autumn Mid Week Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Offer - only £75 per person
Get away from it all and head to the Cotswolds for a mid-week break here at Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa. Enjoy a lovely overnight stay in one of our Garden Bedrooms with a delicious dinner from our Table D'Hote menu with a bottle of our house wine to complement.

I contacted your reservation dept to cancel my 2 day break & change to the special offer for one day and asked for confirmation by email, of which you sent, unfortunately quoting the wrong price of £170. I emailed back asking for re-confirmation of the correct price unfortunately with no reply. I then phoned the next day only to be told “We can only send one confirmation by email but I can give you a ref number which confirms the price but it not possible to send another email!”
I find this attitude very poor and unprofessional, firstly, - when I asked about the best price, secondly, - the confirmation was quoted as the wrong price, - thirdly it was impossible to reconfirm the correct price, therefore I have no alternative but to cancel the whole booking.
I would appreciate your comments on this matter
I remain yours faithfully ....................

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow-on-the-Wold
Sheep on Sheep Street
Sheep on Sheep Street
#3 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
#1 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings

Been to Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!