Fosse Manor Hotel
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
US$272
US$263
Stow Lodge Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
The Slaughters Manor House(Lower Slaughter)
US$765
US$271
US$263
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
TripAdvisor
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa(Stow-on-the-Wold)
  • Breakfast included
Stag Lodge(Stow-on-the-Wold)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Lords of the Manor Hotel(The Slaughters)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshyde barnfamily weddingminute drivelarge roomshort breakfood was lovelyduckfossecotswoldsstowcountryside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

When I entered the hotel the receptionist was eating her dinner (plate knife fork everything etc) at the reception desk! I Waited for her to finish and was told where my room was but not offered a hand with my suitcase up the stairs - something I think is part of a basic service.
My room was nicely decorated - the boutique way.
I wanted room service but no one answered the phone for half an hour so I went down to reception to enquire.
The following morning the staff seemed to be more helpful, but I didn't stick around for breakfast.
I think my first five minutes here put me off a little - I hate people eating in front of customers! But otherwise the hotel was clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Alwaysontheroad12
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have come to the Fosse Manor a month before our wedding for a complimentary stay and dinner, both very much appreciated. The room we are staying in is spacious, clean, comfortable and with a beautiful view. The staff have all been very friendly and extremely helpful. Annie, Laura, Bridget and the lady at reception, whose name we didn't get, have all been nothing but delightful and accommodating. But a special mention to Gary who has recently joined the Fosse from Ireland who was particularly friendly and helpful. Food good, looking forward to our wedding next month at Hyde Barn.

Room Tip: With a view of the rolling fields rather than the road side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed on Monday 17 June in the bridal suit, in preparation for our wedding on 21 July. The food was very good, and the try out allowed us to make final choices for the actual day. The room was very good indeed, can't really say anything but positive comments in that regard.

The reason for leaving this review was purely to recognise Gary, one of the waiting staff here. He has recently joined the Fosse Manor staff, only seven weeks ago, and was a complete credit to the place! Pleasant, engaging, extremely helpful and just a complete delight!

Venues are so dependent on the right people, and all the Fosse staff we have met were top draw, Annie, Laura, and Brigitte are all delightful, but Gary was the stand out amongst a great staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richardbatho
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We arrived on a pretty quiet Sunday and were taken to our room - a lovely large room in the annexe with its own garden. We didn't stay too much at the hotel due to work commitments at the Longborough Festival Opera but whenever we were there we were treated as 5* guests.

Particular mention has to go to the friendly staff, as the hotel could have been a rotting hole and we would still have come out of our stay feeling like we'd had a luxury break. As it turns out the rooms and facilities were top notch.

Would definitely visit again, excellent value for money and will probably not even search for cheaper alternatives next time we are down that way.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Had a very enjoyable stay, we had booked a standard double which was very nicely furnished and plenty big enough for a short stay.
The hotel was very clean throughout.
Staff very welcoming, food excellent and good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple