We were delighted to stay at this wonderful Inn in the historic village of Stow-On-The-Wold. The exterior and grounds of the hotel are beautiful and the interior rooms of the main building excellent including the comfortable Resident's Lounge, stylish restaurant and expansive bar area.
Our room was in one of the out buildings just across the common area on the second floor. It was large with 2 overstuffed sitting chairs and loads of counter-space along with flat screen TV. The separate bathroom was of good size and enlarged "L" shape counter space above the sink for all the bottles, viles and containers we American's like to take with us when we travel.
The food served in the restaurant is excellent with many main course choices with set prices for two and three course meals. Cloth tablecloths and napkins make for a nice upscale experience---although reasonably priced. For more casual dinning, the bar is comfortable with excellent service, with a less item menu than the restaurant---but still plenty of choices.
Full English Breakfasts are served in the restaurant, and I suspect are part of your quoted hotel fare. Breakfast's are of excellent quality with hearty helpings to get your day started well. The wait staff is outstanding. Friendly, efficient, well mannered and eager to please. Great service!! Our main servers throughout our 4 day stay were Shirley, Anthony, Lewis, and Ruth. While I don't know the names of the other waitstaff professionals---they were all excellent.
Two of the owners (the inn has been with the same family for 40 years) are Chris and wife Amanda. Both doing a fair share of the work including reception, cooking, billing, reservations, property maintenance. They work long and hard hours, yet are very receptive to mixing with the guests to provide needed information and advice, such as recommended routes (for the new to other side of the road drivers) to other villages and tourist sights. This is a well run hotel with a staff that is unified in making your stay pleasurable. The teamwork and camaraderie is most evident.
Step off the property and you're in the square of the delightful Stow-On-The-Wold with excellent shops, pubs and tearooms and an easy self guided tour. The hotel is right off the main road thru the city. The WiFi is at no cost and is easily accessed in the bar and resident's lounge (I couldn't pick it up in our out building---but no issue). The car park is on site and is "no-charge". Easy in and out.
Having visited many of the other villages in the Cotswolds, this is the one you want to make your home base for your day trips---as well as perhaps just for the night as you're passing through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stow Lodge Hotel is situated in its own picturesque grounds overlooking the market square of the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The hotel has been family owned and run for over fifty years and has built up a fine reputation for its friendly hospitality and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Stow Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Stow Hotel On The Wold
- Stow Lodge Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds